• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Stinger drivers... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

MY22 Stinger GT - Difference

Shane2801

Newish Member
Hi guys
Today I sold my MY17 GT stinger and bought a new one. For the people that have done similar, do you notice any changes in performance or anything else?

5tinger

There is no official mechanical change other than a more free flowing exhaust yielding 2kw extra power.
However, they probably enhance and fine tune things further with facelift.

keplaffintech

It's probably exactly the same. There is so much variance among tested cars from the same year. Watch the PDrive tests on youtube: they get anywhere from 4.8-5.2s 0-100 times in different Stingers from different years with no rhyme or reason as to why

StingerbyAdoom

Stinger Enthusiast
It's probably exactly the same. There is so much variance among tested cars from the same year. Watch the PDrive tests on youtube: they get anywhere from 4.8-5.2s 0-100 times in different Stingers from different years with no rhyme or reason as to why
environmental conditions is your answer, as well as how much prep-work is done to the launch surface, as well as revisions on the cars OEM tuning.

5tinger

Fuel, atmospheric and surface conditions would easily result in such variance.
Not to mention operating/conditions of vehicle being tested.

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

KAS

Adelaide, Australia
From a 15 minute test drive of a MY22, on roads I know very well, the suspension's 'Sport' setting seems noticeably firmer than my MY19. The 'Comfort' setting seems no different from my MY19.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

keplaffintech

From a 15 minute test drive of a MY22, on roads I know very well, the suspension's 'Sport' setting seems noticeably firmer than my MY19. The 'Comfort' setting seems no different from my MY19.
I noticed this too but I chalked it up to bad memory. Very noticeable difference between Sport and Comfort in the MY22

junesrig

Northern California
Not much has changed if at all. I still had a hatch rattle on my '22, the chrome molding around the windows has started to fade as well, in my opinion the exhaust is actually quietter than my '18, so I installed a Borla exhaust. The suspension does feel firmer in Sports mode, love the remote start and larger Infotainment screen.

Paul C

Not much has changed if at all. I still had a hatch rattle on my '22, the chrome molding around the windows has started to fade as well, in my opinion the exhaust is actually quietter than my '18, so I installed a Borla exhaust. The suspension does feel firmer in Sports mode, love the remote start and larger Infotainment screen.
My black 21 has the black chrome fading around the windows also. Have you spoken to dealer about problem or found a way to clean it up? Thanks

Devin

Sustaining Member
Seattle-ish
The exhaust is valved, so that is definitely a mechanical change. Biggest changes were the merging of the GT and GT1, which eliminated the ability to get a 3.3 without a sun roof, no ventilated seats, smaller supervisor, no seat memory, no electronic suspension and downgraded speaker system.

From all trims they removed the sun glasses holder, as well as changing the rear valance, rear splitter (four fins), completely redesigned the rear lamps, with the biggest change being the Dodge-esque trunk mounted lamp, exhaust tips and the shape of the exhaust pipes from the muffler. The center console screen is bigger (Gen 5W), ditched the oval logo for the NIN logo. Front lamps are all LED with a redesigned DRL pattern.

I don't think anything regarding the 3.3 drive train has changed. Gt line got the 2.5l turbo which was a huge upgrade.

Did I miss anything?

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

Audible Silence

The exhaust is valved, so that is definitely a mechanical change. Biggest changes were the merging of the GT and GT1, which eliminated the ability to get a 3.3 without a sun roof, no ventilated seats, smaller supervisor, no seat memory, no electronic suspension and downgraded speaker system.

From all trims they removed the sun glasses holder, as well as changing the rear valance, rear splitter (four fins), completely redesigned the rear lamps, with the biggest change being the Dodge-esque trunk mounted lamp, exhaust tips and the shape of the exhaust pipes from the muffler. The center console screen is bigger (Gen 5W), ditched the oval logo for the NIN logo. Front lamps are all LED with a redesigned DRL pattern.

I don't think anything regarding the 3.3 drive train has changed. Gt line got the 2.5l turbo which was a huge upgrade.

Did I miss anything?
thats about it. im looking at a 2020 GT1 this afternoon cuz ill save $12K over getting a new GT2. wighing on if its worth the $12K for bigger screen, valved exhaust, 360 camera and that power lift gate. im thinkin not.

Devin

Sustaining Member
Seattle-ish
thats about it. im looking at a 2020 GT1 this afternoon cuz ill save $12K over getting a new GT2. wighing on if its worth the $12K for bigger screen, valved exhaust, 360 camera and that power lift gate. im thinkin not.
Probably not, but it is also two years newer, so there is some value there.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
My black 21 has the black chrome fading around the windows also. Have you spoken to dealer about problem or found a way to clean it up? Thanks
Howdy and welcome. The dark chrome above the windows and alongside the hatch window are a hit and miss proposition. It seems that Stingers that spend more time in the direct sunlight get hit the most with this "fading" issue. The worst one reported on here was so bad that the coating could be picked off with fingernails. I've had minor spotting that I got rid of with Meguiar's rubbing compound. The downside is that you have to rub the entire set of six pieces to eliminate or reduce the contrast between the rubbed areas, which are now lighter than the unaffected areas: in other words, I went over everything. Then I applied several coats of wax. This was last year. And I have not had spotting/fading return, yet.:whistle: