Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

My Stinger, Tail of the Dragon, smokey mountains

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Talk' started by jrhodes87, Apr 13, 2018.

1. jrhodes87

jrhodes87 United States Active Member

Snapchat-1548767244.jpg

• Like Like x 15
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Soca Boy

Soca Boy Canada Stinger Enthusiast

What a view

• Like Like x 1
  3. jrhodes87

I ran this thing pretty hard around the turns and twisties, and it will hang with any other car I was around, mustangs, corvettes, vw gulfs, there was a little porsche cayman or 911 rippin around, was not hanging with that thing haha, but for a 4 door sedan this thing is awesome. Really got to see what she was capable of at higher altitudes.

When we were about 5.2k up on one of the peaks I noticed on the way down my brakes must have been getting hott because the steering wheel was shaking pretty good when braking, once we got lower and the grade dropped the brakes felt normal

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  4. Kazz

Kazz United States 1000 Posts Club!

When my wife and I were going through the Smokies I had the cruise control on. Very bad thing on those long downslopes. The cruise applies the brakes when going too fast. After a while I could smell the pads. LOL From then on, every time we were going downhill for any length of time I used my foot instead of electronics!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  5. mldavis2

mldavis2 United States 1000 Posts Club!

I work my paddle shifters to death on those kinds of roads. Saves those expensive Brembo pads.

6. Weareblondi

Weareblondi Canada Stinger Enthusiast Staff Member Moderator

wow, i had forgotten how pretty it was there. haven't been there in years. last time i had gone, a buddy of mine added to the tree at the base. his wis the yellow fairing off of a hayabusa with a smiley face on the inside. smiley face is courtesy of me because i couldn't keep a straight face while hanging it up there.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 1000 Posts Club!

A few years ago I moved from North Carolina to SW Missouri (yuck). My route took me right over the Smokies.

The Smoky Mountains are absolutely beautiful but I'm positive driving a full-sized uHaul with a car attached over those mountains shaved a few years off of my life.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. jrhodes87

My dad and step mom rented a damn Infiniti Qx80 thinking with lots of window space they'd enjoy the scenery. He was constantly having to pull over to let people by. I told him it's one of the first nice weekends there, there will be people and bikes ripping around those roads I wouldn't take that thing....

• Like Like x 1
  9. eflyguy

eflyguy United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

My playground.. (I ride motorcycles, which, by the way, offer the best views of all!)

• Like Like x 2
  10. jrhodes87

Agreed, the tail of the dragon is really a motorcycle road, cars can go quick but a motorcycle can really get you around that thing, and yes the views are the best.

Draft saved Draft deleted