Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

My experience with Idle Stop and Go: It has a mind of its own

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Technology Discussion' started by CrisX, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Ls1ashley

Ls1ashley United States Newish Member

Well, I guess it wasn't a deal breaker after all. I pulled the trigger on a RWD GT2 yesterday. So far so good with the ISG (Idle Stop and Go), hit that button every time I start the car. I think i was just particularly sore from the last car I had (Volvo) which was a total mess. I might even try not pushing the button and see how that goes... : )

• Like Like x 1
  2. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

Well done! I just don't like the entire concept of ISG (Idle Stop and Go), so I turn mine off every time. It feels okay how it starts back up. I just don't think it works consistently under enough conditions to bother with it.

3. Rob M

Rob M United States Member

Recently ISG (Idle Stop and Go) has been activating a little more frequently, but get this, typically only after I've been driving in Sport mode, lol. It has been mentioned before that battery charge is a key factor in whether ISG (Idle Stop and Go) will activate. Holding gears a bit longer (higher rpm) in Sport mode probably charges the battery faster. I think my battery may be a bit compromised since my car was mostly sitting around in the dealers lot for around 9 months. Maybe I'll have it checked out when I get around to having the recall service done.

Draft saved Draft deleted