Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Mud flaps or NOT?

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Exterior Discussion' started by Rianno7, Jun 14, 2019 at 8:44 AM.

1. Rianno7

Rianno7 United States New Member

Just wondering how many of you all have mud flaps on your cars? If so, do you have the OEM Kia ones? I have read that they help with snow building up in the wheel wells. What do you all think of that?

How hard is it to install the rear mud flaps? I found a video for the front, and they look really easy. Last, what did you all pay for them?

Would love to hear your thoughts. Are they worth it or not? I live in the midwest, so I do get quite a bit of snow. I'm just debating if it's worth to spend money on it or not, and whether it will truly help keep the building up down in my wheel wells.

Thanks much!

2. AV8R

AV8R Australia 5000 Posts Club! Staff Member Authorized Vendor Moderator

3. NS_Stinger

NS_Stinger Canada Stinger Enthusiast

I have front and rear OEM mud flaps. They're incredibly easy to install yourself. The design is subtle and if you have a dark coloured Stinger they're almost invisible when you install them. They make an enormous difference in how much snow and dirt gets thrown around in the wheel wells and do a great job of cutting down on how much crap gets thrown into the front ducts behind the front wheels.

I had planned to take mine off for the summer months but I hardly notice them anymore so I just left them on. I highly recommend them, you can find them pretty cheap on Ebay and Amazon I believe.

4. westcoastGT

westcoastGT 2500 Posts Club!

just makes sure you buy the OEM version as they fit perfectly and the holes match properly , easy to install and they are functional ............... flaps1.jpg flaps2.jpg

5. Tinter

Tinter Australia Member

Although we don’t have snow to speak of downunder, I think they are absolutely a great addition but only get the OEM perfect fit product.
    You just don’t notice then which is ideal.

Attached Files:

6. ShannonC

ShannonC Australia 1000 Posts Club!

OEM is recommended. Simple to fit: on a hoist 10min, no hoist 20min.
    Before and after pics>>>
    20190329_120241.jpg 20190513_130154.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

Why are you calling the mud guards "flaps"?

8. AV8R

AV8R Australia 5000 Posts Club! Staff Member Authorized Vendor Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  9. ShannonC

ShannonC Australia 1000 Posts Club!

Also the older and less discrete styles are a "flap" that hangs down quite significantly under the car.
    images.jpeg.jpg

10. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

Very strange. The OP is not in Aus. The accessory looks more like a solid, immovable shield. "Flaps" flap in the wind.

Mudguards are not optional and form the wheel well. I've never thought of them separately like you do. :p

Exactly my point. Trivial, I know, but this is how forum banter works! Hah! :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2019 at 12:26 AM
  11. westcoastGT

westcoastGT 2500 Posts Club!

Merlin , I've ordered a set of these for you ..................... yosemite sam.jpg to celebrate your position as Top Post Dog ! how appropriate :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

.................can't help himself ...........FBB syndrome

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2019 at 12:26 AM
    • Funny Funny x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted