Mud flaps or NOT?

Rianno7

Atlanta
Just wondering how many of you all have mud flaps on your cars? If so, do you have the OEM Kia ones? I have read that they help with snow building up in the wheel wells. What do you all think of that?

How hard is it to install the rear mud flaps? I found a video for the front, and they look really easy. Last, what did you all pay for them?

Would love to hear your thoughts. Are they worth it or not? I live in the midwest, so I do get quite a bit of snow. I'm just debating if it's worth to spend money on it or not, and whether it will truly help keep the building up down in my wheel wells.

Thanks much!

NS_Stinger

1000 Posts Club!
I have front and rear OEM mud flaps. They're incredibly easy to install yourself. The design is subtle and if you have a dark coloured Stinger they're almost invisible when you install them. They make an enormous difference in how much snow and dirt gets thrown around in the wheel wells and do a great job of cutting down on how much crap gets thrown into the front ducts behind the front wheels.

I had planned to take mine off for the summer months but I hardly notice them anymore so I just left them on. I highly recommend them, you can find them pretty cheap on Ebay and Amazon I believe.

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada
just makes sure you buy the OEM version as they fit perfectly and the holes match properly , easy to install and they are functional ............... flaps1.jpg flaps2.jpg

Tinter

just makes sure you buy the OEM version as they fit perfectly and the holes match properly , easy to install and they are functional ............... View attachment 26093 View attachment 26094
Although we don’t have snow to speak of downunder, I think they are absolutely a great addition but only get the OEM perfect fit product.
You just don’t notice then which is ideal.

Attachments

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Why are you calling the mud guards "flaps"?

ShannonC

1000 Posts Club!
Also the older and less discrete styles are a "flap" that hangs down quite significantly under the car.
images.jpeg.jpg

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Its all about the country. In oz the mudguards are the fenders lining. As the accessories looks like a flap we call it a flap.
Very strange. The OP is not in Aus. The accessory looks more like a solid, immovable shield. "Flaps" flap in the wind.

Mudguards are not optional and form the wheel well. I've never thought of them separately like you do. :p

Also the older and less discrete styles are a "flap" that hangs down quite significantly under the car.
View attachment 26169
Exactly my point. Trivial, I know, but this is how forum banter works! Hah! :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada
Exactly my point. Trivial, I know, but this is how forum banter works! Hah! :laugh:
Merlin , I've ordered a set of these for you ..................... yosemite sam.jpg to celebrate your position as Top Post Dog ! how appropriate :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Very strange. The OP is not in Aus. The accessory looks more like a solid, immovable shield. "Flaps" flap in the wind.

Mudguards are not optional and form the wheel well. I've never thought of them separately like you do. :p
.................can't help himself ...........FBB syndrome

Last edited by a moderator: