Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Mpg?

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Talk' started by cars2see, Jun 8, 2018.

1. cars2see

cars2see United States Member

interested to see what some of you guys are averaging gas mileage on your 3.3 stinger. 2.0's are welcome to share as well!

2. Jays_stinger

Jays_stinger United States Member

Short drive to work i had 25mpgs and was still going up 70 - 80mphs
    Car is to much of a beast i range from 15 - 18 MPGs on a daily though since i hit the gas way to much haha

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Joseph Spiegel

Joseph Spiegel United States Active Member

I’m currently getting an estimated low 20’s. I’ve been doing more freeway and long stretches as I’ve been breaking her in with large loops around Los Angeles. Combining city with freeway. I haven’t started measuring yet just relying on the internal computer. After a couple thousand miles I’ll start to do try measures and see how accurate the computer is. On my previous Honda I found the computer was about 1MPG on the optimistic side. We’ll see how this Kia does.
    Haven’t found where to do a safe Launch yet.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  4. Toaster

Toaster United States Newish Member

I have a 14 mile commute to work everyday. When I am conservative its 26-27 MPGs and when I am having fun its 19-20 MPGs. My average since I got the car is 23 MPGs in 2500 miles.

• Like Like x 1
  5. 17th_Letter

17th_Letter United States Member

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. Johnnyfive

Johnnyfive United States Active Member

This is similar to what I’ve been getting in my 3.3. Not sure about the overall average, but I have a similar commute, mostly highway. I don’t think I am driving that conservative even then.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Toaster

Toaster United States Newish Member

I guess I should have stated my commute is mostly highway as well. Normal days for me are around 24 MPG's.

• Like Like x 1
  8. StungBlueGT2

StungBlueGT2 United States Active Member

FYI- I think there are already a few threads discussing this topic, but I'll update the one as well.

My MPG varies a lot depending on "drive mode" and how aggressive I drive. I will admit the torque rush from 2-5k is sooo addictive its hard not to enjoy the power all the time, but if I baby it I'm able to get up to 26mpg on long highway cruises. However my total average over 2500m is currently 16.3mpg.

I will say that my MPG improved recently since I installed my high-flow intakes, so I'll give before and after examples.

FYI-My average is low because my daily drive is all city and less than 5 miles each way. Previously I was getting around 14-16mpg in Sport mode, but if I used Eco/Smart mode and was conservative I could get up to 18mpg around town.

However since I installed the intakes I've been getting slightly better mileage and my average per tank is up about 1-2mpg. I actually noticed that my instant MPG display stays above 20 more often, and now its easier to keep in the 18-20mpg range around town.

I have to say its incredible that my GT2 can get 18mpg but still be almost as quick as my old 455ci V8 TransAm that got 5-10mpg... Gotta love technology and what a amazing world we live in today!:D

9. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States Active Member

At 4,162.9 "Accumulated" miles, I show 21.4 mpg. My current "Fuel Economy" shows 20.2. I would say that 95% plus of this has been in Sport mode. I've only very recently started playing around with the other modes.

When I was "breaking in" the car (first 600 miles), I kept it in Sport exclusively, because it was easier to keep the RPMs above 2,000: KIA recommends to break in the car between 2,000 and 4,000 RPM.

Consider that I love to accelerate quickly, especially when passing, and I think the mileage I'm getting is pretty good.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Weareblondi

Weareblondi United States Stinger Enthusiast Staff Member Moderator

There is already a thread discussing this topic, please visit that one so as to keep similar threads from clogging up the forum

11. Dannyar

Dannyar United States Active Member

Id have to assume most if not all of you averaging in the 20's with the 3.3 are not really driving in heavy traffic cities like Miami, LA, DC, etc. and that most of your commute is highway with not much stop and go. I say this only because I have a premium 2.0, always have been driving it in ECO and really trying to get best mileage with the habits that I drove my Niro with for a year to get almost 58mpg on every fill up. I have been unable to crack above 23mpg and this is Miami driving that consists of a 25 mile daily round trip consisting of mostly highway driving, but fairly congested highway traffic. I would say for me to be at the bottom of the stated averages of the 2.0 which is 22city-29hwy, and reeeeeally babying it for best mileage possible that my assumption of you 3.3 drivers getting the same averages as me are not really in stop and go and have a mostly clear drive.

12. MerlintheMad

If you don't want us posting here, I suggest locking this one. If it ain't locked, I'm posting.

13. StingEm

StingEm United States Member

Yes, the difference between smooth sailing and stop-n-go traffic on the 2.0 is pretty massive. It takes a lot of extra energy to get the 4000lbs moving again. Destroys the fuel economy. My 2.0 will easily do 30+ in smooth traffic. Nowhere near that in heavy traffic.

14. Dannyar

Dannyar United States Active Member

Agreed, with school out my commutes are a little less congested on some days and was able to get a nice a nice 29mpg trip today.I filled up yesterday morning as so far im at 25mpg for the fillup. When im able to cruise at 40mph I can keep the needle at the top at 50mpg, at around 60-70mph I can keep it at 40mpg.

15. MerlintheMad

I usually reset my "Trip" when I gas up (which reminds me, sometimes it resets itself in between times: why is that? I'll go ask this on the "Discoveries good and bad" thread).

Yesterday, we started off with an almost full tank, and average mpg under ten (lots of sitting, I guess). We went to the mall and then to "Sprouts", at which point the mpg showed 16.1. I idled comfortably in the parking lot, cool and listening to music, while my wife was getting dispenser soap in "Sprouts". I was watching the average mpg drop a tenth at a time. Finally it was down to 15.1. She came back out and we started for the canyon: on our way to the top to go hiking. The canyon was c. five miles away, the canyon itself, from the mouth to the top, c. 15 miles long. By the time we got to the mouth of the canyon the average mpg was up to 16.1 again. At the top (Brighton), our average after that climbing was back down to 15.1 mpg. The return drive to our house got us up to 19.9 mpg; all that downhill, plus c. over half of the distance to our house from the mouth of the canyon (c. 15.5 miles) being freeway. Traffic was moderate. The Stinger was in Sport mode the whole way, with me manually shifting.

16. Weareblondi

thread posting is mpg

17. MerlintheMad

Oh, that was clever of you.

18. Weareblondi

clever how sir? this thread was started several months ago by me

19. TwistedOrca

TwistedOrca United States Member

20 mpg average ....mix of highway and in-town.

• Like Like x 1
  20. MerlintheMad

For some reason I got the impression that you (someone) took two "mpg" threads and combined them by sending replies to the redundant thread to the thread that you wanted to be the only "mpg" thread (eliminating redundancy): so, clever. I am still confused.

Draft saved Draft deleted