Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Motor Trend Kia Stinger GT Long-term Update 3

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger in the News' started by eljay, Jul 10, 2018.

1. eljay

eljay United States Stinger Enthusiast

Heavens forfend, actual people waiting in the waiting room?! But this writer is actually pretty complimentary about the service experience, if not the waiting room. (And FYI, the decor of the dealership I go to is dominated by a HUGE portrait of a Stinger on the wall over the waiting area. There must be hamsters somewhere, but I didn't notice them.)
    2018 Kia Stinger GT Review - Long-Term Update 3

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Gentracker

Gentracker United States Member

I guess it's definitely dealer specific; I've needed service twice and each time I ended up with a new and loaded Cadenza (which, btw, was WAY nicer than I was expecting). Sounds like they need to visit a larger or newer Kia store.

Between loaner cars, 35 dollar oil changes and 60-100k mile warranties, I don't feel like I'm missing out by not having a luxury badge.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Kazz

Kazz United States Stinger Enthusiast

Hm. The author claims that hatch rattle was a common complaint during Car of the Year testing. I don't recall reading about it?

4. Stinger305

Stinger305 United States Member

I believe it's a Technical Service Bulletin so it's a known issue.

5. StingMe

StingMe United States Active Member

"Overall, my experiences at the dealer have been positive—just not well matched to the Stinger’s upscale feel."

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Kazz

Kazz United States Stinger Enthusiast

Oh, I'm keenly aware and just had the TSB installed. There's a monster thread (or three) on the issue here. A question was raised there why none of the reviewers even mentioned it. That's why I posted my reply here.

• Like Like x 1
  7. westcoastGT

westcoastGT 2500 Posts Club!

The window squeek issue was also raised and corrected by lubing them . Anyone getting the sounds in their windows ??

Draft saved Draft deleted