kia stinger store

Modding stringer

RedCal

1000 Posts Club!
Toronto, ON
Welcome to the hive. With no location information in ypur profile it's going to make it less likely for people to reach out, Do you know what mods you want?

Last edited:

nhcowboy28

2500 Posts Club!
Alpharetta, GA
I ain’t touching your stringer.

f’n perv.

Aarvix

Stinger Enthusiast
North TX
In my line of work stringers hold the airplane skin to the frames, it's generally a bad idea to modify them unless it's a repair.

boosted1g

Sustaining Member
We have no idea where you are at, so even if there was someone near-by that can help, we would not know. While I would be willing to lend a hand to a fellow stinger-owner, I am likely a 3 hr drive from any other member in the forum.

As far as performance, well that greatly depends on what your goals are, how you like to drive the car, and not to mention what your budget is
Performance in itself is a little ambiguous, as you can take several directions for increasing engine performance alone, then there is increase handling, increase audio, etc. The way you drive your car, and what mods you want to do can completely change what direction you should look at for parts.

For common easy bolt-on engine performance increase: Intake + tune + new plugs will give you the easiest bang-for-buck. Exhaust will open up a few horse power but not much. WMI is a common mod. For street use the stock intercooler is ok but is prone to heat-soak with track use. The BOVs and even the IC piping is decent from the factory, but people do upgrade those as well. Then there is also the aspect of what level of risk you are willing to do to the stock warranty.

As far as appearance, well that is entirely personal taste. My advice is to checkout the stinger vendors and see what is available. Common things include emblem changeovers, reflector deletes, converting tail/reflectors to led, front lip and deck lip spoilers, as well as carbon fiber parts/chrome deletes.

Last edited:

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada
STRINGER ..............................a guy that strings guitars ?? I dont know maybe a new pair of gloves ? hard to say , but maybe start there .............................?? tough question

Daniel @ K8 Stinger Store

Authorized Vendor
Welcome to the group!

If you are looking to modify your Stinger, I highly recommend checking out our online store at www.K8StingerStore.com

We specialize in performance, interior, and exterior aftermarket parts for the Kia Stinger.

I would recommend starting out with an Add W1 Oil Catch Can and an Injen Intake.

Feel free to reach out in a private message if you have any questions, need suggestions or if you would like a discount on your order.

cncBilly

1000 Posts Club!
North Vancouver
I’ll need assistance to assist. Just pick a number.

STRINGER
noun

1. a person or thing that strings.
  2. a long horizontal timber connecting upright posts.
  3. Architecture, string (def 15b).
  4. Civil Engineering. a longitudinal bridge girder for supporting part of a deck or railroad track between bents or piers.
  5. a longitudinal reinforcement in the fuselage or wing of an airplane.
  6. Also called string correspondent. Journalism. a part-time newspaper correspondent covering a local area for a paper published elsewhere: The Los Angeles paper has a correspondent in San Francisco but only a stringer in Seattle. Compare staffer (def 2).
  7. a stout string, rope, etc., strung through the gills and mouth of newly caught fish, so that they may be carried or put back in the water to keep them alive or fresh.
  8. a contestant, player, or other person ranked according to skill or accomplishment (used in combination): Most of the conductors at the opera house were third-stringers.
  9. Mining. a small vein or seam of ore, coal, etc.
    ;)

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada
I’ll need assistance to assist. Just pick a number.

STRINGER
noun

1. a person or thing that strings.
  2. a long horizontal timber connecting upright posts.
  3. Architecture, string (def 15b).
  4. Civil Engineering. a longitudinal bridge girder for supporting part of a deck or railroad track between bents or piers.
  5. a longitudinal reinforcement in the fuselage or wing of an airplane.
  6. Also called string correspondent. Journalism. a part-time newspaper correspondent covering a local area for a paper published elsewhere: The Los Angeles paper has a correspondent in San Francisco but only a stringer in Seattle. Compare staffer (def 2).
  7. a stout string, rope, etc., strung through the gills and mouth of newly caught fish, so that they may be carried or put back in the water to keep them alive or fresh.
  8. a contestant, player, or other person ranked according to skill or accomplishment (used in combination): Most of the conductors at the opera house were third-stringers.
  9. Mining. a small vein or seam of ore, coal, etc.
    ;)
Some of us really are A HOLEs..............................bawaaaaaa !! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

cncBilly

1000 Posts Club!
North Vancouver
Some of us really are A HOLEs..............................bawaaaaaa !! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
It was a WELL, not a HOLEs. Oh....hang on I might be confused.:rolleyes: