Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

MBRP Exhaust

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, and Exhaust Discussion' started by Gtecko, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Gtecko

Gtecko Canada Active Member

MY MBRP (SS) EXPERIENCE

FINALLY !!! Took 5 weeks for the exhaust to be made, it arrived intact from MBRP, I am quite pleased, the box was not even bruised haha

Very very well packaged, compare to my previous system on other cars , I must say that Canadian do it the right way

It had foam and bubble wrap, should have taken pics of that ! The piping is amazing, easy instructions, clamps are great !

Our OEM system is heavy , specially the mufflers !

Since it is a bolts on system, I borrowed a friend’s hoist and took my time, give it take two hours, to find the right tools, trim a bit of plastic for the tips and triple checking my bolts.

I am not super mechanically inclined person so it is definitely doable, two person job if you want someone to help guide the pipes.

If you decide to do the exhaust yourself, it is going to be tricky on ramps but possible, hoist was definitely nice to have, plus you get more room to maneuver and get to see the underneath of the car.

Tips: use some grease or silicone on the hangers otherwise you will fight with them to be taken off…the oem are on sooooooo tightly in there.

I will make some videos soon, however for whoever is wondering, this exhaust system is SUPER MINT ! it is definitely not obnoxious , doesn’t sound like a fart exhaust … it i subtle at low rpm and idle, nice little grown to it ! in ECO, love how you can hear all the gear shifting, it is a very nice sound at 6am around the neighbourhood, you can creep your way in/out without disturbing everyone. Still, you will have nice loud-ish rumble.

Comfort is a tad louder than ECO and if you want to really hear the growls and deep tone, push it in SPORTS … amazing sound all around !

I have done two (very small though) highway trips and I can report that with my tips set up (see thread here for the Akraprovic tips) , I do not have any type of drone in the cabin, nothing that gives me a headache. The hummm of the exhaust note is tamed, I have turned off the Active Engine Sound too.

Cold start is a little bit louder but that expected and it tams down after 45s once the engine calms and then you get a nice exhaust tone !

Overly I am VERY happy with this exhaust, it is giving me a beafier sound than the OEM set up, the “Helmholtz chamber” are definitely doing their job, I love the set up and most definitely recommend it !

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Edit: that is the box

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  2. Gtecko

Little Teaser Video

Did a short one minute video this morning.

MBRP cold start, for 35 seconds you can hear the engine warming up and it calm down.

This was done in Comfort, it was a bit early so I only did couple of revs.

Found the suction cup for the GoPro so I could do more video, depending on what you folks would want to see.

Hope the sound is good, I thought when I listened back on my phone, the sound was quite decent, you can always put your headphones on :ninja:

• Like Like x 14
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. StingerLover

StingerLover United States Active Member

Man, that sounds good! You inspired me to pull the trigger on a similar setup. Just getting slightly different tips.

It is going to be painful waiting on the backordered stainless MBRP. :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. CKeeler

CKeeler United States Active Member

Love it. Can’t wait to have some extra dough for this

• Like Like x 1
  5. cncBilly

cncBilly Canada Stinger Enthusiast

Very nice review thank you for doing this for us. As a fellow CDN I am wondering who you ordered from and what was the cost to your door. Thx

• Like Like x 1
  6. SKStinger

SKStinger Canada Stinger Enthusiast

I bought mine here. Rob was easy to work with and responsive to any questions I had.

Product categories STINGER 2017+ Archive | UNIQPERFORMANCE

7. StingerLover

I'd love to hear 0-60 (mph) and 60-0 using 4th and 3rd gear engine braking, if you're willing to make more clips...

8. CeramicGT001

CeramicGT001 United States Active Member

• Like Like x 2
  9. CeramicGT001

This clip is of the mbrp catback and a downpipe. Still will be similar sounding just maybe quieter without the downpipe.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. StingerLover

Thanks, but this one doesn't have the on-car GoPro and doesn't do the engine braking deceleration to make the engine rev.

This is one of the videos I've been watching over and over again as I wait. :)

11. CeramicGT001

I just have the Ark downpipe right now but I am looking into adding the MBRP catback in the future. The only things holding me back are the loud startups and it’s backordered.

12. CKeeler

CKeeler United States Active Member

Me too

13. K8 Stinger Store

K8 Stinger Store United States Active Member Authorized Vendor

• Like Like x 1
  14. StingerLover

Hey, David!

I wouldn't mind that discount on my order! Too late? ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. K8 Stinger Store

K8 Stinger Store United States Active Member Authorized Vendor

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Pnbnationsbest

Pnbnationsbest United States Active Member

Michigan is another universe, that's gotta count!

17. Gtecko

@SKStinger has that set up and did mention that the cold start were quite loud. you might want to keep your set up or sell the ARk pipes :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Gtecko

Anyone wanting the MBRP exhaust in Canada, PM me, I know I can get you a great deal !

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  19. CeramicGT001

Yes, I’m the one who asked him to post a video of the cold start up. I’ll probably stick with my setup until I get the itch in a year or two lol. It does sound amazing though with downpipes added!

20. cncBilly

cncBilly Canada Stinger Enthusiast

Well you sure have a funny way of going about it. I send you this "Now many $$ for us CDN'S delivered pls."

Get this in return

What? The product is listed on our site, choose CAD from the top, then select “Canada Shipping” from the drop-down menu, and the pricing will be shown.
    Thanks,
    David

Far cry from 13 above where you say "If anyone is interested in ordering with a discount, shoot me an email to sales@blablabla.

I did. So I guess there is no discount and you're full of :poop:. Or you're trolling for orders giving false Impressions of a discount. Either way good luck to you. I will never order from any attitude like this.
    I know you're thinking "What". Oh and pls remove me from any of your future email spam.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted