Masterclass for newbies

Pezzy

I've gone up to 20s on mine, and I'm in Perth. I daily drive mine all around with no issues. If you're worried about potholes you could stick to 19s and just go wider but I think at most just don't splurge on super expensive wheels for your own piece of mind.

I dropped mine on H&R springs, I would suggest you *don't* do that if you've got lots of uneven terrain. I can scrape the odd Macca's carpark if not careful so potholes would be tough.

I'm on the stock bi-modal too, completely agree however I don't have an answer for you.

If you want some more speed the most reliable seems to be the JB4 piggyback ECU. If you'd like a tune and want to stick local you want Unichip. They're actually in Victoria so you might have some luck.

Hope that helps mate.
That helps alot! I think ill go up to 20s for sure but defs not dropping the ride lower, we have 1 tuner (horsepower factory) who advertise the tune but I spoke with em and they use a mix of spark plugs, air intake, catback and unichip(I think) to gain you about 150 hp for close to $5000 which is outrages.

Navalus

Toronto
Make sure you get a proper wheel alignment after the install. Preferable straight after.

The Eibach springs will drop your car around 5mm lower at the rear then the drop at the front
Drop is around 25mm at front 30mm at rear.
For H&R and Kings springs you would have to ask the others. Couldn't be happier with mine.
How is the ride quality after Eibach spring install? I really don't want a bumpy ride and have heard if you don't replace the stock shocks, you will get a bumpier ride. Also, does lowering the car void part of your warranty? Here in Toronto, I see the dealers are offering Eibach springs, so I figured if they are selling it and allowing their service department to install it, it should not void the warranty in any way. Waiting on delivery of my GT2 AWD, hopefully gettting this weekend.

PGW

Newish Member
So i had this thought that it might be a good idea to allow the newbies to ask us more experienced members about anything they want to know about their car. Maybe a question that has already been discussed in a thread before but they have not found or read it yet, thats ok. I would suggest the more experienced be nice and help out maybe with a link or two. Either way we can get warm and fuzzies over it with a bonding session lol.
So to all the newbies, ask away!
Just ordered a gt stinger in aug. Has anyone any idea as to when I may get delivery. Dealer said 6 mnths

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Just ordered a gt stinger in aug. Has anyone any idea as to when I may get delivery. Dealer said 6 mnths
Going by Aussie reports of experience on here, longer. The most recent one, a couple of weeks ago, got theirs in eight months, if I recall correctly.

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

Ozstung

5000 Posts Club!
Western Sydney.
Ive heard 8 months as well.

Ozstung

5000 Posts Club!
Western Sydney.
when i have the plan of changing the other car, what would i choose, totally new car or used car but still very good?
Either you have a 7 year warranty or at least 3 on a used.

strive

Newish Member
New owner with a couple questions here. First off what is the red asterisk looking indicator on my multimedia screen? It's in the upper right corner by the bluetooth. Next, the A on the tachometer under the 5. I've read the owner manual and it seems like it indicates autostop, part of the idle stop and go system. Apparently it is supposed to be green but mine is always yellow and the car never turns off when I stop so I'm not sure whats going on there. Two more quick things, the previous owner had the bms dual intake installed which is great, but they removed the bottom half of the stock box that sits under the filters. I would think having those still there would help shield off the hot engine air right? Should I try and track some down? Any ideas on where? And finally, I noticed some the paint protection is bubbling a little bit on the hood near the vents and was wondering if that is going to get worse and if so how to stop it. Appreciate the help!

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
New owner with a couple questions here. First off what is the red asterisk looking indicator on my multimedia screen? It's in the upper right corner by the bluetooth. Next, the A on the tachometer under the 5. I've read the owner manual and it seems like it indicates autostop, part of the idle stop and go system. Apparently it is supposed to be green but mine is always yellow and the car never turns off when I stop so I'm not sure whats going on there. Two more quick things, the previous owner had the bms dual intake installed which is great, but they removed the bottom half of the stock box that sits under the filters. I would think having those still there would help shield off the hot engine air right? Should I try and track some down? Any ideas on where? And finally, I noticed some the paint protection is bubbling a little bit on the hood near the vents and was wondering if that is going to get worse and if so how to stop it. Appreciate the help!
Howdy and welcome. I can only answer one of your questions. :p ISG (Idle Stop and Go) is finicky because conditions have to be met for it to function. Most of the time even when it does function it only shuts the engine down for a very short while, often less than a minute. Inevitably, if I have forgotten to turn ISG (Idle Stop and Go) OFF, I first notice it when I pull into my carport and push the brake just as I am shifting into "P": the engine shuts off and immediately turns back on. Annoying! But, it is what it is.

I can speculate on the "bubbling" in your PPF, but a pic or two would help a lot. If the bubbling is not on the edges, then you can prick each bubble with a pin and over the next several days it should let the air/moisture out. If the bubbling is on the edges, you will just have to live with it. It probably won't spread or get worse.

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

strive

Newish Member
Howdy and welcome. I can only answer one of your questions. :p ISG (Idle Stop and Go) (Idle Stop and Go) is finicky because conditions have to be met for it to function. Most of the time even when it does function it only shuts the engine down for a very short while, often less than a minute. Inevitably, if I have forgotten to turn ISG (Idle Stop and Go) (Idle Stop and Go) OFF, I first notice it when I pull into my carport and push the brake just as I am shifting into "P": the engine shuts off and immediately turns back on. Annoying! But, it is what it is.

I can speculate on the "bubbling" in your PPF, but a pic or two would help a lot. If the bubbling is not on the edges, then you can prick each bubble with a pin and over the next several days it should let the air/moisture out. If the bubbling is on the edges, you will just have to live with it. It probably won't spread or get worse.
thanks! It's on the edges. 20220124_143305.jpg

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Dang. They did a half-assed job of wrapping over the edge of the fake hood vent openings: they didn't remove the fake hood vents, now the edges are peeling up. Also, I see an unsightly lifting on the hood "vent" itself, which they wrapped, cutting not to the edge of the "vent": this doubles your problem. All I can suggest is to have someone who knows how to trim PPF, take the edge back to where it has lifted, smoothly all the way around. This would (by the pics) form a new edge c. where my PPF laser-cut hood piece stops: which is short of the opening. Mine, you have to get really close to see that edge at all: which, I am sure you agree, would be a massive improvement over what you are looking at now. Also, ditch the PPF on the hood "vent" altogether. My PPF installer did not put any PPF on any of the piano black pieces, not even the brake scoops in the front bumper cover: and he did not PPF the dark chrome pieces either: he specifically pointed to the side mirror cups and said he would not put PPF on those, because if later the PPF needed to be removed, sometimes the removal damages/lifts the dark chrome.

Good luck! :thumbup:

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Thanks for the advice, I bought it used so I'm looking at the ppf as a bonus, even it is poorly done. Wish they'd get rid of fake hood vents, I had them on my genesis coupe and replaced them with functional ones.
The only truly functional aftermarket hood vents I've seen online are in S Korea: don't know of anyone Stateside who did this: cut out the hood under the vent hole, replace vent with real ones (with mesh): beneath are rectangular boxes that magnetically attach, and the forward end has a drain hose that allows collected water to drain behind the radiator to the ground. Now, you might be trying to visualize how any heat exchange gets past those boxes to the vents. This is an either/or setup: either you leave the boxes off and get heat exchange, or you put the boxes in place when anticipating precipitation or a car wash: once the water exposure is over, you remove the boxes again when desired. https://stingerforum.org/attachments/20200130_111536-jpg.37411/

RogueIV

Stinger Enthusiast
The only truly functional aftermarket hood vents I've seen online are in S Korea: don't know of anyone Stateside who did this: cut out the hood under the vent hole, replace vent with real ones (with mesh): beneath are rectangular boxes that magnetically attach, and the forward end has a drain hose that allows collected water to drain behind the radiator to the ground. Now, you might be trying to visualize how any heat exchange gets past those boxes to the vents. This is an either/or setup: either you leave the boxes off and get heat exchange, or you put the boxes in place when anticipating precipitation or a car wash: once the water exposure is over, you remove the boxes again when desired. https://stingerforum.org/attachments/20200130_111536-jpg.37411/
or just get a different hood. Hmm this is still around Hood STINGER 18 19 20 | eBay off of a Korean test car with no vents!

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
or just get a different hood. Hmm this is still around Hood STINGER 18 19 20 | eBay off of a Korean test car with no vents!
I've seen two Stingers in pics with no hood "vents". Apparently it's a S. Korean option, or was: the examples I saw were both 2018, and one of them was in S. Korea, the other was Stateside, and, as I recall, was a 2.0L.

almorgan33

So i had this thought that it might be a good idea to allow the newbies to ask us more experienced members about anything they want to know about their car. Maybe a question that has already been discussed in a thread before but they have not found or read it yet, thats ok. I would suggest the more experienced be nice and help out maybe with a link or two. Either way we can get warm and fuzzies over it with a bonding session lol.
So to all the newbies, ask away!
Good afternoon from Florida! I drive a brand new 2022 Kia Stinger GT Line. I drive a TON for work - from St. Pete to Tampa every single day, so I opted for the better gas mileage. I am looking for any way to supe this bad boy up. Exhaust, chips for more speed, carbon fiber options for looks, etc. The color is the slick, sporty looking grey that Kia has. It's such a beautiful car, but I feel there is so much more I could add. Any tips, tricks, advice is welcome. Thank you!

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Good afternoon from Florida! I drive a brand new 2022 Kia Stinger GT Line. I drive a TON for work - from St. Pete to Tampa every single day, so I opted for the better gas mileage. I am looking for any way to supe this bad boy up. Exhaust, chips for more speed, carbon fiber options for looks, etc. The color is the slick, sporty looking grey that Kia has. It's such a beautiful car, but I feel there is so much more I could add. Any tips, tricks, advice is welcome. Thank you!
Howdy and welcome. As for drivetrain mods, others will advise/recommend. My only mods are front and rear Eibach sway bars, and TSW wheels (which knock c. 13 lbs. off per wheel compared to the OEM wheels).

MarkSaige

OK--I'm a newbie, and I have a question.

I just discovered recently that Hyundai/KIA don't allow their "class-leading" 10yr/100k mile warranty to be transferred when the vehicle is sold. Can anyone confirm this?

This was a real gut-punch, because I've been eyeing the GT for awhile now and my budget simply won't allow me to buy new. And I felt the 100k mile warranty made a used one very attractive.

But, it appears that a certified pre-owned does get the full warranty, so there is that.
I’m a newbie as well, I just purchased a 2022 Stinger GT1 with 811 mi and it was a “ certified pre owned” car. I was told the 10yr 100,000 mi warranty still applied to this vehicle. Was I given bad info, or is this the case with “certified pre-owned” cars?

StingerbyAdoom

1000 Posts Club!
I’m a newbie as well, I just purchased a 2022 Stinger GT1 with 811 mi and it was a “ certified pre owned” car. I was told the 10yr 100,000 mi warranty still applied to this vehicle. Was I given bad info, or is this the case with “certified pre-owned” cars?
Not true, as long as the vehicle is CPO Like yours. I was only just informed a month ago that I have the 10/100k warranty after the dealer that sold the car to me had told me that I had a 5/60k on an 18GT2 that was CPO

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!