Looking for ways to enhance your Stinger and set it apart from others on the road? Look no further than KDM Warehouse!

Lozic ECU + TCU + AWD Tune

rpoffen

1000 Posts Club!
California
Do you hold the throttle to the floor as you're build upto to 2700rpm and release break - launch? Or are you feathering the throttle to 2700?
Holding it all the way down. It’s all about timing.

rpoffen

1000 Posts Club!
California
Same.

I can't feather it as it's abit too sensitive for me. Holding it all the way down and building upto the rpm and launch is way more consistent for me.
Yeah, I have it down pretty good on a full tree strip. Fortunately that’s what they do Wednesday nights in Sacramento.
A pro tree would be quite different.

Yves998

Hi everyone. I just did a revision from lozic for a more flat boost curve for the high rpm. I’ll keep you guys updated once it arrives. Currently I’m holding a 1.5 bar tune and I asked for a 1.4 bar but much linear boost curve. I was originally thinking of a revision with more timing but Canadian pump gas sucks so lozic offered me a more linear boost curve instead. It should behave similar to my current map 6 setting but I’m expecting it to be more stable and maybe even flatter than map6.

Currently map6 setting:

648C2BB4-2D81-43E0-A6A8-740F46E0AA3A.png

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

rpoffen

1000 Posts Club!
California
Question, is it worth it to buy a Throttle Controller, or just paying more for a tuned ECU?
Does a tuned ECU remove or reduce throttle lag?
These are two completely different things. A throttle controller simply remaps the response curve between the pedal and throttle body (keep in mind that most cars these days are throttle by wire, there is no physical connection anymore) whereas a tuned ECU remaps many engine parameters including boost, timing, etc.

These are two completely different things. A throttle controller simply remaps the response curve between the pedal and throttle body (keep in mind that most cars these days are throttle by wire, there is no physical connection anymore) whereas a tuned ECU remaps many engine parameters including boost, timing, etc.
As I understand the pedal commander or other similar products they will only increase the pedal percentage, for example if you push the pedal 15% the PC will tell the computer that the pedal is pushed 80%, yet the throttle will still open gradually, if you check your logs you will see what I mean.

rpoffen

1000 Posts Club!
California
As I understand the pedal commander or other similar products they will only increase the pedal percentage, for example if you push the pedal 15% the PC will tell the computer that the pedal is pushed 80%, yet the throttle will still open gradually, if you check your logs you will see what I mean.
Correct, you get an idea by switching between driving modes such as comfort and sport. In sport mode, not only does it keep a lower gear to keep RPM’s up (so the turbos stay spoiled), but also changes the throttle mapping.
This does not mean it makes more power at WOT. A tuned ECU will tune the engine to allow more power if you have good enough gas or use other techniques such as E30+, WMI, etc.

Correct, you get an idea by switching between driving modes such as comfort and sport. In sport mode, not only does it keep a lower gear to keep RPM’s up (so the turbos stay spoiled), but also changes the throttle mapping.
This does not mean it makes more power at WOT. A tuned ECU will tune the engine to allow more power if you have good enough gas or use other techniques such as E30+, WMI, etc.
Yeah, I might go WMI and tuned ECU in the summer, do you also have to use 5W-40 oil when get a tuned ECU?

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

AdrianG

Colorado Springs
Question, is it worth it to buy a Throttle Controller, or just paying more for a tuned ECU?
Does a tuned ECU remove or reduce throttle lag?
It is certainly worth buying both, but the ECU is more worth it.
That said, I did buy my throttle controller first.

ChaneRZ

1000 Posts Club!
Bay Area, California
I have a Lap3 ecu tune and when on sports mode, the throttle response is more sensitive. I ended up turning off my pedal tuner when on sports mode. I turn it on when on eco/comfort mode.

Mangimadang

You wouldn’t happen to have a link to Albert Hwang on Facebook?
If you are part of the two larger stinger FB pages, his name will pop right up. A ton of people have used him. Idk how to link him in here

HoosierStinger

You wouldn’t happen to have a link to Albert Hwang on Facebook?
I would recommend:

Genuine hyundai/kia ignition coils are listed for $34.80 from this website. I used FedEx shipping. Parts arrived within 5 business days of ordering.

You can also order directly from Lozic

Yves998

Mustang dyno.

Green is map6 with +1.7 psi at 5500 rpm comparing with map0 (+3.5 in the setting)
Red is map0.

Mods:
Injen intake.
Secondary cats and muffler gutted.
Lozic 1.5 bar ECU(post HPFP update)+TCU
Snow stage 4 WMI with 80/20mix
Fuel: Shell93 (Alberta/BC new formula)
AA74712E-2665-4E1B-B0A1-83D28E0487A1.jpeg

SneakerB

Mustang dyno.

Green is map6 with +1.7 psi at 5500 rpm comparing with map0 (+3.5 in the setting)
Red is map0.

Mods:
Injen intake.
View attachment 77702
dahm im pretty sure mustang dynos run low aswell

StingerbyAdoom

1000 Posts Club!
Mustang dyno.

Red is map0.

Mods:
Injen intake.
View attachment 77702
Is this in AWD or RWD mode?