kia stinger store

Low Pressure Hood Struts from ImportShark

ImportSharkMike

Authorized Vendor
New York
So we've received a bunch of emails lately about questions regarding our low pressure/lightweight hood struts. I figured I'd come here and put up a post to centralize general info from what individuals have asked and also have somewhere for others to post their thoughts and receive feedback. Just a couple points off the top of my head...

Q: Are these struts manufactured to OE-spec?
A: Yes 100%. Put the ImportShark hood struts next to any original strut from pretty much any auto maker with all labels removed and you probably couldn't tell the difference between aftermarket and original

Q: How are the struts mounted?
A: Literally the same exact way as your OEM ones are installed--ball stud held by clip. Identical to original install.

Q: What is the advantage of these struts for my CF hood?
A: These are specifically made for individuals with an aftermarket hood (CF or fiberglass) who wants to use struts just like the original ones on your car. The problem with the original ones is that they are made to hold up a hood that's more than twice as heavy and also made of metal. There's different physics involved. The ImportShark struts have 50% less pressure. That means there will not be any undue stress on your composite hood.

Q: Why wouldn't I just use a single OE strut on my CF hood?
A: You certainly can but keep in mind there's twice the pressure on that one side than it should have in that case. When using a single strut, pressure on a single side can cause the hood to become skewed. If it stays that long for an extended period of time, the material can become permanently flexed out of shape. It's highly recommended to either have no struts instead of that, though appropriate pressure on two struts is ideal.

Q: How do I know if they're compatible on my hood?
A: We've now tested our low pressure struts on hoods manufactured by Seibon, VIS and Gemini. The only brand not tested is ARK, which should be happening shortly. Once that's done, literally every brand on the market will be confirmed to be compatible. However, since these were made with OEM specs in mind, that's not surprising.

Q: Why can't I just put a universal strut on my CF hood?
A: Good luck finding that exact size, extension pressure, mounting type and end fitting. If I told you we tested over 100 universals and other car struts, would you believe that? Going completely custom was the only option but if you happen to find something that works, more power to ya. Just do yourself a favor and use two, not one.

NYdito

Stinger Enthusiast
Bronx NY
So we've received a bunch of emails lately about questions regarding our low pressure/lightweight hood struts. I figured I'd come here and put up a post to centralize general info from what individuals have asked and also have somewhere for others to post their thoughts and receive feedback. Just a couple points off the top of my head...

Q: Are these struts manufactured to OE-spec?
A: Yes 100%. Put the ImportShark hood struts next to any original strut from pretty much any auto maker with all labels removed and you probably couldn't tell the difference between aftermarket and original

Q: How are the struts mounted?
A: Literally the same exact way as your OEM ones are installed--ball stud held by clip. Identical to original install.

Q: What is the advantage of these struts for my CF hood?
A: These are specifically made for individuals with an aftermarket hood (CF or fiberglass) who wants to use struts just like the original ones on your car. The problem with the original ones is that they are made to hold up a hood that's more than twice as heavy and also made of metal. There's different physics involved. The ImportShark struts have 50% less pressure. That means there will not be any undue stress on your composite hood.

Q: Why wouldn't I just use a single OE strut on my CF hood?
A: You certainly can but keep in mind there's twice the pressure on that one side than it should have in that case. When using a single strut, pressure on a single side can cause the hood to become skewed. If it stays that long for an extended period of time, the material can become permanently flexed out of shape. It's highly recommended to either have no struts instead of that, though appropriate pressure on two struts is ideal.

Q: How do I know if they're compatible on my hood?
A: We've now tested our low pressure struts on hoods manufactured by Seibon, VIS and Gemini. The only brand not tested is ARK, which should be happening shortly. Once that's done, literally every brand on the market will be confirmed to be compatible. However, since these were made with OEM specs in mind, that's not surprising.

Q: Why can't I just put a universal strut on my CF hood?
A: Good luck finding that exact size, extension pressure, mounting type and end fitting. If I told you we tested over 100 universals and other car struts, would you believe that? Going completely custom was the only option but if you happen to find something that works, more power to ya. Just do yourself a favor and use two, not one.

They work perfect thanks man for investing in our community no more broom needed to have the hood open.

ImportSharkMike

Authorized Vendor
New York
Let me try again...

I've got my Ark Legato hood installed. have you tested your struts on the Ark Performance Legato Hood yet?
The struts have worked on every other hood so I’m sure the Ark one would be no different. If the OEM struts fit then these would as well.