Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Looking to buy a GT1

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by Caljoe, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Caljoe

Caljoe United States Newish Member

Hello everyone. I’m new to the forum and I’m looking to buy a GT1 (maybe a GT2 if I could get the ceramic silver at a good price) for the wife possibly as soon as this weekend.
    What would a great OTD price be here in California?
    I figured I might try to take advantage of this zombie apocalypse.

Thanks,
    Joe

• Like Like x 1
  2. Uzurk

Uzurk United States Active Member

I have a GT1 in Ceramic Silver, so you don't have to get a GT2 to get that color.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 10000 Posts Club!

Howdy. I know of a couple of California natives who bought out of state and drove back home with their new Stingers. They did this because better deals were found elsewhere. When I got mine two years ago, the salesman said that he knew of a buy in California that was $20K above MSRP. I don't believe it, but the point he was making is that in Cali above MSRP was common then. I doubt it now. But Cali could be the last place to cut prices because of the apocalypse. :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. Slow jams

Slow jams United States Member

Best bet wait for the last day of the month and go to a big dealership they can play with the msrp more... shop around first be sure to get the offer sheet and go to the next dealership show them that dealer offer tell them they can do better ...ask them for their offer sheet ...than go to another dealership etc...one dealer I went to wanted 2k more for a 2019 than a 2020 ....another dealer wanted 6k more for a non GT ...remember the msrp is the starting point dealers add a slip next to the MSRP with their “addendum” that’s the dealers problem not yours...if you see this your in a very bad dealership ...this stinger was a base model it had the 2liter and nothing in it for about 35k it was also a 2019 model... BE3A9984-CF53-4ACA-9890-B3756B9A42C7.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Caljoe

Thanks for the info guys. I just started this process so at the moment the best I found is $40,300 before taxes, that was the quote I got over the phone so I’m sure there’s some more wiggle room in there somewhere. Patheta Metal GT1

6. Slow jams

AWD?

7. Caljoe

No. I live in SoCal so I just don’t see a use for it other than for some nice launches:thumbup:

8. Slow jams

Tell them 39.5k out the door...to Be honest I think you can do 39k out the door

• Like Like x 1
  9. Caljoe

Right on!! I will do that :thumbup:
    Thanks!

10. Slow jams

Also that’s exactly what I just picked up you’re gonna love it

• Like Like x 1
  11. Caljoe

Well they shot me down. The guy told me he wouldn’t even sell me the car for the $40,300, I didn’t even mention the 39,500. No biggie the guy was kind of a dick from the start anyways. I’ll keep looking. Thanks for the replies.

12. Slow jams

Wow... I can’t even put here what I paid... it was waaaaay lower than that... I always remind them I don’t need you to feed my family last time I checked you need me Happy hunting

• Like Like x 1
  13. Caljoe

I made a mistake, I got my car’s mixed up. I found a ceramic silver listed for $39,788, MSRP was 47 but with all the discounts that I didn’t qualify for brought it down to that.
    He was going to give me the $3000 rebate which brought it down to 44 and ask me, what do you want to do now? He would not go below that.

14. Slow jams

totally forgot as well... contact the finance manager don’t even deal with a sales person....Tell them what you’re looking for tell ... At the end of the day the finance manager makes that cool you bypass the sales person right there’s an instant savings he will assign a sales person but the commission is going to be nothing because he had nothing to do with it

• Like Like x 1
  15. Caljoe

Ok a regular V6 GT, not the 1 for $39353 OTD. It might go down a little, so they say.
    15% below MSRP
    That’s the best I’ve been able to find at this time. How does that sound to you guys?
    Thanks!
    Going for a test drive tomorrow.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Slow jams

Wait a little get the GT1 prices are dropping also are you Financing or buying straight out?

17. Caljoe

Financing

18. Caljoe

Did you ever get my PM?

19. Slow jams

Nope

20. Slow jams

When you finance they get over 3k more on your deal... To be honest you have all the cards nobody’s buying right now just my two cents

Draft saved Draft deleted