Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Looking for reviews of ark catback

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, and Exhaust Discussion' started by Adamdan, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Adamdan

Adamdan Canada Active Member

I’m looking at adding the ark catback to my Jun Bl downpipes and ark springs at the same time. I’m just hoping to get some reviews of how you guys like yours. I don’t want a super quite exhaust like the magnaflow but I don’t want something that will be to loud. I like the sound of the BORLA too but it sounds like it might be to loud. Being loud at wot is one thing but I hoping the ark won’t be loud around town while giving light throttle. I’ve read all the reviews i could find and most say there is drone on highway around 75-80mph. That wont be a issue for me as I don’t drive on hwy much in my stinger and in Canada you won’t be going over 60-70mph. Any info would be great!

2. falanger

falanger United States Newish Member

I have the Ark and I can't say enough good things about it. I'll be honest, after I got it I initially hated it and was pissed at myself for spending so much money on something that sounded so bad. I went back to the exhaust shop the next day ready to remove it and go back to stock. The shop owner told me to just be patient, give it some time to wear in and that if I still didn't like it after a week or so, he'd remove it for free. Well, I'm glad he talked me down, because after a week or so and a few hundred miles, it started to say sound WAY better.

It's been a few months now and I haven't grown tired of it yet. A few thousand miles later I still drive with the windows to enjoy that growl and the cool sounding "blip" when it changes gears. Highway drone is also WAY better; it's still there but it's not bothersome and no issue at all with the stereo on. As for volume it's probably just right; loud enough to sound like sports sedan should but not so loud as to annoy or draw unwanted attention.

Overall I'm very pleased and would recommend it to anyone looking to turn up the volume and to unleash more power.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Adamdan

Thank you for the review!

4. XZe

XZe United States Member

Would love to hear a video of how it sounds! I know i cant get the full experience, but atleast an idea of it.

5. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 1000 Posts Club!

6. falanger

falanger United States Newish Member

Sure, here's a couple to give an idea....

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ozstung

Ozstung Australia 1000 Posts Club! Sustaining Member

Ok had the Ark grip about 7 weeks, with me the Drone really didn't improve much the vibration , reverberation was bad, panels and consul shook. 1500-2100 rev range was particularly bad especially if you got held on 1500 revs. As i mentioned on the forum previously i resorted to dynamatting the whole boot, that took away about 40% off the problem.

For me it was the only way to go and i came from driving a Wrx with a 3" Canon muffler. Happy now? Yes got the right balance.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Adamdan

I wonder how the borla cat back sounds vs the ark. I found a guy that is selling borla cat back and Eibach springs. I like the sound of the borla but on YouTube it sounds pretty loud especially with downpipes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. JDM_Man

JDM_Man Canada Member

If you're in Ottawa I can help you out :)

Draft saved Draft deleted