Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Lit Up Mirror - USA Stinger

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Lighting - Inside and Out' started by Mach_Tuck, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Mach_Tuck

Mach_Tuck United States Stinger Enthusiast

Hi All,

I have successfully installed a 2017 Genesis Sedan Mirror with Homelink GDO, Auto-Dim, and Compass into my GT2 in which all buttons light up.

Found the mirror on eBay for $55 and it was simple plug and play.

The left side buttons dont function since no cell chip in the car but that is ok with me as i wouldnt use them anyway. Having the garage door button light up was more important.

Model #TLMHL4 with GNTX-1027 (these came directly from a Canadian Stinger Mirror)

The only difference i note is the far left button has "b" on it for "bluelink"...so be it

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. robz32

robz32 United States Stinger Enthusiast Staff Member Moderator

Very nice. I am actually thinking about changing mine as well.

Any tips on how to remove the factory one?

3. Ucinn

Ucinn United States Stinger Enthusiast

Will this work for a GT model without homelink on it already? And does it come with installation instructions?

4. robz32

robz32 United States Stinger Enthusiast Staff Member Moderator

It should...The homelink circuits are built in into the mirror it self.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mach_Tuck

Agreed. The wiring harness is the same. Literally plug and play. i did notice that the new mirror had 8 of 10 pins and the stock mirror only had 6 of 10 pins.

Removal was really easy. There are two plastic covers in that area. A large one and a small one. the small one is rectangle and is directly above the mirror mount. Pop it out with a trim tool or small flat head. The larger plastic piece covers many sensors in the GT2 so i was very careful on it. Start with edge nearest headliner and pop the edges down. Then i was able to slide the entire piece down with the windscreen (toward the hood) and it came right off. From there, one T20 Torx to undo and the mirror slides off the windscreen mount. My new mirror did NOT come with a new screw so be sure to save if that is the case.

Install is reverse. It took a few try to get the large plastic piece flush with windscreen but probably mostly because i was being very timid with the sensors mounted right there.

The good news is that you can unplug the mirror harness by only removing the small plastic piece and test the new mirror before to take the rest apart.

Best of luck

• Like Like x 1
  6. bumble bee

bumble bee United States Stinger Enthusiast Sustaining Member

Really cool! Man i was happy enough with my GT putting a rearview in my car with the compass and garage door button.

• Like Like x 1
  7. eflyguy

eflyguy United States Stinger Enthusiast Staff Member Moderator

Do those lights dim along with the cabin/instrument lighting?

8. bumble bee

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018 at 5:19 PM
  9. Mach_Tuck

On what i installed, they do NOT dim with the other interior backlighting...not certain if the stock stinger mirror behaves this way or not. Cant really tell during they day time anyway.

And its a small price to pay for them to be lit at night which by the way looks AWESOME

10. bumble bee

2 months ago I put the basic one on. With compass and garage door opener. Simple plug n play.

20180413_155350.jpg

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018 at 5:23 PM
Draft saved Draft deleted