Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Length of time a car has been on a car lot

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by Doel, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Doel

Doel United States Active Member

Someone here posted a website that tells you know how long a car has been on a dealer's lot, but I can't find it. Can anyone help a brother out?

2. Waynerm002

Waynerm002 United States 1000 Posts Club!

The plate on the door jam list the build date of the car, they typically get state side in about 2 months after so that's a general idea of how long they have been there.

3. Revvdmedia

Revvdmedia Canada Member

I concur on this. My investigation on build date vs. delivery shows about 2 to 2.5 month lead time when I had my dealer pull the build dates.

4. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 2500 Posts Club!

I must have got mine in jig time; built in February, sold near the end of March.

5. patatty

patatty United States Newish Member

Cargurus shows how long a car has been listed on their site:

[I had a link to show a Stinger that has been at the current dealer for 62 days and on Cargurus for 221, but apparently I am not allowed to post a link.]

It could be on the lot even longer. This one was transferred from one location of the dealership to another, but was listed on CG the whole time.

6. Doel

Doel United States Active Member

that's it, thanks!

Looks like there's a local GT2 that is exactly what I'm looking for that's been on there for 265 days..... surely they'll be amenable to a pretty steep discount.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 2500 Posts Club!

It must be increasingly hard to be in the car sales business these days. When a customer arrives with information like that, the sales rep's ploys are dead in the water. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted