LED Lit Devil's Claw Fog Light Bumper Canards are available

Kia Stinger

Staff member
Palm Beach, FL

Attachments

Flameangel

2500 Posts Club!
Geelong, Victoria
Yep, would like to see them on at a distance when it is dark with and without the factory DRL'S/ Headlights. Would like to know if fitment is good.
I actually prefer them to the vertical aftermarket DRL's because these are horizontal they match the factory DRL's and hopefully complement the lines of the Stinger.

Flameangel

2500 Posts Club!
Geelong, Victoria
Bill has the vertical lights too and extra ones behind the grill.
Just wondering what they look like without the vertical ones, will have to wait for @GT2Crew to put up some pics too.

Aarvix

North TX
Preferably without HDR filter, although those are nice pics, the oversaturated colors skew things

General_Vodka

Stinger Enthusiast
Moon
I wonder how long those China LEDs will last. If they are on during the day, as DRLs, that will add up to a lot of hours. I think the vent DRLs (the vertical one) will last a long time. I don't know about the claws.

SKStinger

Stinger Enthusiast
I wonder how long those China LEDs will last. If they are on during the day, as DRLs, that will add up to a lot of hours. I think the vent DRLs (the vertical one) will last a long time. I don't know about the claws.
Agreed and can they withstand a rock impact being that they're in a high impact area on the front of the car? I'm gonna guess not based on the 60 day warranty.

Flameangel

2500 Posts Club!
Geelong, Victoria
Agreed and can they withstand a rock impact being that they're in a high impact area on the front of the car? I'm gonna guess not based on the 60 day warranty.
Oh, so only a very short warranty! I kinda like them but now very hesitant. As you mentioned in a high impact zone, I think the Stinger is well " styled " and I wouldn't want to " over style " it either. Now I have some doubts :unsure:

General_Vodka

Stinger Enthusiast
Moon
Personally I think the claws do add some aggressive style and I like aggressive style. So I will get some claws but probably something more durable. Will probably make my own with metal.

Kia Stinger

Staff member
Palm Beach, FL
Just an FYI regarding whether or not these sets will stand the test of time. From the manufacturer:

Are they well built? Yes! The clear covering over the LEDs is made of acrylic - well known for transparency, resistance to breakage, and elasticity. These pieces have been tested in various harsh environments, including hot and freezing temperatures and kept under water for over a week.

SKStinger

Stinger Enthusiast
Just an FYI regarding whether or not these sets will stand the test of time. From the manufacturer:

Are they well built? Yes! The clear covering over the LEDs is made of acrylic - well known for transparency, resistance to breakage, and elasticity. These pieces have been tested in various harsh environments, including hot and freezing temperatures and kept under water for over a week.
That's helpful, thank you. So is there another reason why they only have a 60 day warranty? How many hours are the LED strips rated for?

Kia Stinger

Staff member
Palm Beach, FL
From my experience, the South Korean manufacturers don't offer big warranties on anything - outside of Hyundai and Kia anyway. However, it sounds like they're bumping it up to a 3-4 month warranty based on my back and forth with them yesterday. They got a bad rep with those first LED foglight sets they made a couple of years ago - but I can tell there's a big different between the way those were made - and the way these are made.

Anyway, these things are going to be difficult to keep in stock for a while. Their testing procedures make it very difficult to get more in stock in a timely manner. They seem to be testing every set individually.

Oh, and I made a recommendation for plain black like the non-LED version... I think we'll see them at one point or another...