Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Lease offer

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by jchan_stinger, Jun 17, 2018.

1. jchan_stinger

jchan_stinger United States Member

Hi everyone,

First time leasing here. I got offered 0 down 655/mo for 36mo/10K on a GT2 AWD. This was the lowest the manager can offer. (All taxes and fees included)

I was wondering if this is a good deal or not on a GT2. The original offer was 699/mo.

This is in NY btw. Thanks!

2. Zac

Zac United States Newish Member

I don't know what demand is on Stingers in NY, but that doesn't seem like the best deal you could get, but your taxes/registration/etc. could be more.

If the dealer is discounting the Stinger ~5k off MSRP plus the lease cash, it's a good deal imo.

Good luck.

3. jchan_stinger

Stinger seems to be selling pretty well around the NY area, at least the GT2 I think.

I think the final price was like 49xxx something so I'm not entirely sure about that, and this is including the lease cash.

I've seen others get offers in the mid 500 - 600 range in this forum but not sure if this would change based on location and demand?

4. NYLAWBIZ

NYLAWBIZ United States Active Member

Buying a car is (usually) there deals: negotiating the purchase price, negotiating the financing (or lease) and negotiating the trade-in. Work each of the three separately. Then you have a chance of getting a good deal. Posting lease terms, by itself is great , but does not tell the entire story. Also, look into lease-buyout-finance posting on here for the best way top buy the car. Lastly, 10K/year lease? Unless this is going to be a mothballed car you take out on rare occasions, the 10K will be eaten up real fast - this is a car you will want to drive, not just keep in a garage and polish on weekends. Best of luck.

5. jchan_stinger

Ahhh I see. This definitely helps. Thanks!

Hopefully, I can get some good numbers somehow. All the Snow White Pearl GT2s around the NY area are gone.

6. Mine...675/mo for 36mo/20k...includes the scratch/ding coverage when turned in. AWD GT2

7. jchan_stinger

675/mo for 36mo with 20K! I mean I probably only need 12K per year but I feel like I'm doing the negotiating pretty badly lol!

8. Got 2 free oil changes, free first set of brakes and tires as well. I travel 60 miles to work each day.

9. Rocstinger

Rocstinger United States Newish Member

Where in NY are you. I work for a KIA dealer and have one GT2 left and think I could beat that, if you are willing to look at a Red with black interior car.

10. jchan_stinger

Hey, thanks for asking. Unfortunately, I live in the NYC area and I see that you're in Rochester. Right now I'm interested in the White or Ceramic Silver tho.

11. Rocstinger

Rocstinger United States Newish Member

Ah, I was just running numbers and think I could get you around 630ish if not lower, and thats for a 12k mile lease. Let me know if you change your mind though!

12. Kenny13

Kenny13 United States New Member

Hey, which NY dealer was this at? I’m in yonkers and I was looking to get something similar soon as well.

13. Paul32

Paul32 United States Active Member

Is that before sales tax on the payment? Also, if you want to push back, go for 12k miles at the same monthly payment.

14. jchan_stinger

Hey! Sorry for the delayed response. I went to Karp Kia, I just picked up my GT2.

If you are going there to check it out, look for Claudio and tell them you're a friend of Tin's and he'll be sure to help you out.

15. tv77

tv77 United States Member

I have a similar question for the group. After getting screwed by one dealer, I ordered a GT2 (red with the hard to get Red leather interior) with every single option available including all season floor mats, cargo mats, bug shield, cargo net, 19" inch wheels (Unlocked Stinger), carpeted floor mats, door sill applique, mud guards, puddle lights, remote start, wheel locks, etc. Car was $53,700 list. Doing the 36-month lease/10K. $6,500 Kia cash incentive for lease....Military discount of $500....Dealer additional discount of $3,600. Lease out the door including taxes in PA is $660 with no cash down, just initial month.

Can anyone comment on verifying if this is a solid deal or not? Thanks all.

16. Paul32

Is the payment with or without sales tax? I think it is a good deal but would offer same numbers with 12k miles.

17. tv77

tv77 United States Member

Includes tax. Problem is you don't have this car with this interior. I have heard that the dealers can "bend" a bit and offer the 12K miles if pushed. As I am picking up the car tomorrow (last day of the month) I think I might have that leverage. Your thoughts? Residual is $28K.

18. Paul32

Sounds like you have already committed if your picking up the car tomorrow? If you have already agreed, I would not try to lower the deal. That's just me. We are only talking about $15.00 per month. The Residual would only change by 1%.

19. Paul32

I have the same color only in a GT1. Your going to like it....

20. Paul32

Take a look at mine in the garage. I have had the rear part of the roof wrapped making it look like it has a pano sun roof.

Draft saved Draft deleted