Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Lease Buyout

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by SilverNitr8, Sep 3, 2018.

1. SilverNitr8

SilverNitr8 United States Active Member

Hey fellas. I finally got my buyout quote today. There was no breakdown, just a lumpsum amount, an address where to send the check and who to write the check to. If you guys already bought out your lease, did you guys just enclose your check? Did you enclose the buyout quote print out? What did you send to KIA besides the check?

2. Waynerm002

Waynerm002 United States 1000 Posts Club!

Check with KIA customer service, if anything else is required, they will let you know. You will need to get paperwork from KIA to take to the DMV to change the registration. Look at the early part of the lease buyout thread for info from those that have already gone through the process. I'm not there yet so don't have concrete info to give you on the VA side.

3. DanielN

DanielN United States Member

If you call in they will fax or mail you a buyout package which includes and odometer statement and what the buyout amount is.

4. Joeh1974

Joeh1974 Finland Member

All I sent them was the check and odometer disclosure statement via USPS Priority Mail. A word of advice, while they received the check and posted it to my account quickly (so that I had a zero balance listed on the website), I had to resend the odometer disclosure statement twice! They had no record of receiving the first one which was remitted with the buyout check for some reason. Follow up with them every 1-2 weeks to make sure they are on top of things.

5. SilverNitr8

How long does it usually take to get the title after the check has been cashed? I stapled my check with the ODO reading statement, but it's only been a week so I was giving it a couple of week before following-up.

6. Mach_Tuck

Mach_Tuck United States 1000 Posts Club!

Title arrived 62 days after they cashed my payoff in my case. I also had to re-submit the ODO Statement FIVE times. Complete incompetence. I used a Credit Union for the buyout so "technically" not my car so wasnt too worried about Title showing up. Doing a cash buyout would have been another story.

Keep on them and keep notes of whom you spoke with and about what.

7. SilverNitr8

I just called them today and sure enough, the payoff was in their record, but no ODO readout statement on file. I asked the person how it was possible to cash out a check that was stapled on the ODO statement and not get filed and just got a BS response. RIDICULOUS! Living in the technology world, who still uses fax and most people can just scan and upload a signed paper.

8. Waynerm002

Might be going to 2 different department however, one would think that the folks on the payment side would be able to fax it if received at the wrong place or KIA should have something setup to handle things if routed incorrectly.

9. Joeh1974

Joeh1974 Finland Member

Honestly, save your breath. I already yelled and asked that question until I was blue in the face. Complained to a supervisor with no help. Like I said, speaking from experience, keep following up every week until you get confirmation that the title shipped. It took me approximately 80 days to get the title.

10. Mach_Tuck

Mach_Tuck United States 1000 Posts Club!

Yep, same story as me. I too cannot believe they wont accept a scan and email copy. Instant access. FAX...LOL

Whoa...80, and i thought i was on the high side with 60+!!!

11. SilverNitr8

I re-faxed mine last night and called again. The girl I spoke to said it just got processed. Reason the first one was not good.....she said it wasn't signed. I call BS. I signed that thing and triple checked it before I mailed it. Let's see how it goes in the next few days.

12. Waynerm002

Just started my process, check cashed now I need to send the odometer statement and get the title release

Draft saved Draft deleted