kia stinger store

Lease buyout before stinger is titled

donalric

Newish Member
I have a unique situation where I leased out of state and they were not able to title the car for me in my home state. Things are getting hung up and Kia has not picked up the lease yet so i don’t have an account number. Has anyone done a lease buyout with just the certificate of origin? Is that even possible for them to then redo the certificate of origin in just my name and not the lease companies name?

2Slo4u

I leased out of state and had to do my own registration. I had to register the car with the lease and then, you guessed it, had to re-register the car under my own name 8 days later after I bought the lease out. I had to pay state registration fees twice. That's what happened to me, your results may vary

donalric

Newish Member
I leased out of state and had to do my own registration. I had to register the car with the lease and then, you guessed it, had to re-register the car under my own name 8 days later after I bought the lease out. I had to pay state registration fees twice. That's what happened to me, your results may vary
That’s what I was afraid of. If you had a temp tag that lasted long enough (I have an extended transit tag) do you think you could have bout them car out first then registered?

2Slo4u

I took out a loan from my credit union to help do the lease buyout. They required me to have a current registration for the car before they funded the loan. I’m not sure there is a way around it as the DMV person apologized as she was completing the paperwork. She said this happens all the time. Just my expierence