kia stinger store

Lap3 Factory Launch Control w/ Boost unlocked

SKStinger

Stinger Enthusiast
$2,000 USD though? That’s crazy expensive for a stage 1 ECU tune.

G70 Owner

1800 without the LC addition. Not that much of a difference. But damn, can’t wait to see some real world times!

AJG

Dayton, OH.
Sounds cool, but with the price difference between this and JB4, this would need to bring quite a bit of additional features for me. Throw in that dash from the video, lol.

Terry@BMS

Authorized Vendor
You can make 10-15psi brake boosting an AWD now but it just blows the tires off usually. If you're going to launch off launch mode where you can't control the boost levels with the gas pedal you're going to need for them to be adjustable using a turn signal button or something.

SKStinger

Stinger Enthusiast
Different stages of launch control not tune itself
You have to buy a tune to get the launch control software. $2,000 is the minimum cost. That includes a new ECU but even without that cost it's still more expensive than other tuners (eg. Tork) and significantly more expensive than other platforms (APR for VW/Audi).

Last edited:

VayHek

Newish Member
Yea dumb expensive my audi ecu nd tcu tune together was 1400 nd had a 4500rpm lc dnt kno the psi but it was very aggresive they are definitely getting over because they are the first to do it an with my audi i cud flash from home

G

G-85078

You have to buy a tune to get the launch control software. $2,000 is the minimum cost. That includes a new ECU but even without that cost it's still more expensive than other tuners (eg. Tork) and significantly more expensive than other platforms (APR for VW/Audi).
APR Canada cost $1200(800 for stage 1,I update so extra charge) plus another 150 Bluetooth kit
Yea dumb expensive my audi ecu nd tcu tune together was 1400 nd had a 4500rpm lc dnt kno the psi but it was very aggresive they are definitely getting over because they are the first to do it an with my audi i cud flash from home
I believe you have Unitronic.. APR canot flash in home

VayHek

Newish Member
APR Canada cost $1200(800 for stage 1,I update so extra charge) plus another 150 Bluetooth kit

I believe you have Unitronic.. APR canot flash in home
Yes sir qas the best tune iv ran to date 35k miles no problems at all qas tuned since 17k hoping the stinger holds up jus as good

Vladec

I was pretty bummed that no bigger companies embraced the stinger very much. Planned on maybe getting rid of it sooner than later but this is pretty exciting regardless of the price

Regs120

If the 1.5 w/ launch control could get me in the low 12s without ruining my torque converter and AWD ill be ok with it.

mbolan

Newish Member
If BMS would do as mentioned in post 6 (adjustable launch control) Terry would hands down dominate the tuner market

Terry@BMS

Authorized Vendor
If BMS would do as mentioned in post 6 (adjustable launch control) Terry would hands down dominate the tuner market

That's something that is best left done with flash tuning. Using the brake boosting method you use the gas pedal to determine your boost at launch so I prefer that method anyway.

I did recently hear though one of our customers adapted a WOTBOX for launching, something that the JB4 can technically do, so I'm going to look in to that in the near future. :)

Last edited:

mbolan

Newish Member
That would be way cool. Especially if makes the miss fire sounds the old MSD 2 steps make. Just kind of wishing there was a way around brake snipping.