Good Koons Kia of Woodbridge

Rustyty24

I ended up haggling for over 5 and a half hours with them on Monday night. But came to terms on a new GT1 RWD. My OTD before my cash down or trade in calculated was $37,269. Help me out fellow Stinger bros, did I get a good deal? Lol

Rakker

Virginia
Yeah I'd that's pretty good. Bought both of my Stingers there too.

CeramicGT001

Maryland
Your deal may have been good.

But that dealership in general, from sales to service, is abysmal.
Are they the dealer that always had the lowest “internet” prices and huge Stinger inventory in the DMV area. I’m not in the loop anymore lol.

ecko04

Stinger Enthusiast
Are they the dealer that always had the lowest “internet” prices and huge Stinger inventory in the DMV area. I’m not in the loop anymore lol.
Yep, that’s them. Anything to get people in the door before they start ripping the band-aids off. I live 10 mins from the dealership and won’t go there. Didn’t buy my Stinger or my wife’s Telluride from them.

There are 1 or 2 salespeople that are very good who work there. They do more work than they’re given credit for basically by cutting through management’s bull crap of wearing potential customers down for 5 hours before putting anything in writing. Sadly, I met them after I decided to take my business elsewhere. They were upfront about the “internet” pricing and how their sales managers take advantage of people.

The dealership is always so busy because there is little showroom space for people to sit and the people that are sitting have been there for 5 hours going back and forth with management while salespeople chuckle it up in the back room.

They routinely take advantage of out of town shoppers who shop based on the price online. Only to drive several hours to the dealership and be taken to town over price, incentives, financing, and add-one. The dealership seriously believers that anyone who drives, or flies, hours to see them won’t leave without the car regardless of if the price is no different than their local KIA dealer once they arrive.

1macuzer

Richmond, VA
I ended up haggling for over 5 and a half hours with them on Monday night. But came to terms on a new GT1 RWD. My OTD before my cash down or trade in calculated was $37,269. Help me out fellow Stinger bros, did I get a good deal? Lol
So your OTD included all taxes and fees before cash down or trade?

Rustyty24

Nope, just the bottom line price for the car was the $37K, then they added the sales tax and the fees. I put $8K down and traded in an old Corolla worth $2500. Ended up financing exactly $30K.

MDStinger87

Newish Member
Maryland
Yep, that’s them. Anything to get people in the door before they start ripping the band-aids off. I live 10 mins from the dealership and won’t go there. Didn’t buy my Stinger or my wife’s Telluride from them.

There are 1 or 2 salespeople that are very good who work there. They do more work than they’re given credit for basically by cutting through management’s bull crap of wearing potential customers down for 5 hours before putting anything in writing. Sadly, I met them after I decided to take my business elsewhere. They were upfront about the “internet” pricing and how their sales managers take advantage of people.

The dealership is always so busy because there is little showroom space for people to sit and the people that are sitting have been there for 5 hours going back and forth with management while salespeople chuckle it up in the back room.

They routinely take advantage of out of town shoppers who shop based on the price online. Only to drive several hours to the dealership and be taken to town over price, incentives, financing, and add-one. The dealership seriously believers that anyone who drives, or flies, hours to see them won’t leave without the car regardless of if the price is no different than their local KIA dealer once they arrive.
I completely agree with you as it was my exact experience back in 2019. I drove down to these guys from the Baltimore area because they had the best price I could find. I told them that I wasn't interested in coming down until it was time to pick up the car and did the entire process of negotiating online. Once I got an out-the-door price I took off work early and drove down during rush hour. They took my trade in to "inspect" it and we went for a ride in the car I was planning on purchasing. When we get back, I pulled up the e-mails with their staff discussing the price and the specific VIN, etc... only for them to be confused. The salesman who was actually really nice went and talked to the online guys and then his manager and came back saying same some of the incentives that were offered to me were from months ago and he didn't know why the online people were still offering it.

After sitting for about 30 minutes as he checked with other people he came back saying they should be able to honor it and he was getting his manager to come over. Fast forward another 20 minutes and his manager (guys name sounded something like Alistar) came over saying the best they could do was about $2,500 ABOVE what was offered to me via e-mail. I was shocked because the incentive that was mistakenly offered to me was only $500, so I figured if anything that would be the only hiccup. He kept saying that this was too good of a deal and they wouldn't make money off of it at our agreed upon price. After a few minutes of back-and-forth I told them to give me the keys back for my trade in because I was going to leave if they couldn't get back to the price we agreed on. 10 minutes later the manager and salesman come back over and offer me $2250 above the price we agreed on and I had to once again demand my keys. It got to the point where I had to start raising my voice for them to actually unlock the desk and give me my keys and paperwork back and then I left and drove back home. The entire time the manager kept asking me if I really drove all the way down from Maryland just to leave empty handed because of this small difference in price.

They called and left me 2-3 voice mails on the way back to Maryland, but I deleted them without ever listening to them. Screw this dealership, I could never recommend them to anyone. It's a shame too because the guy doing the sale honestly seemed like a nice guy and was just caught up in the middle of the online guys and the managers bullshit.

1macuzer

Richmond, VA
i had a great experience with Koons yesterday. Everything they said ahead of time they stuck to. i had no issues in the financing or sales portion of my purchase. Sales guy was great. Sales manager was very upfront and easy to talk with and the finance guy was even a pleasure to talk to. I went in expecting the worst and had absolutely no issues. I was very upfront and told them I would be 100% and totally transparent about what i wanted to do. I also told them I expected the same. I was there for probably 2.5 to 3 hrs and it didn't feel like torture. I purchased a GT1 AWD and got a great deal on it. They gave me a fair valuation on my trade and blew me away with how easy the process was. I'm sorry that some have had bad experiences with them, but my experience was one of the easiest processes I've had buying a car. I had reached out before ever visiting and treated each person I encountered with respect as I expected that in return. I made it known that I've been around the industry for awhile (friends have done sales and managment as well as owned their own dealerships). So i knew what games would be played and let them know i'd love to NOT have that experience. Overall, they get my thumbs up. The folks I dealt with were Thomas, Alastair and Jonathan. Feel free to reach out to me about them or private message me if you want any more information. I also happened to visit on the last sales day of the month so I'm sure that helped in them being great in a making a fair deal.

Last edited: