1. We're having a vote for the location of our upcoming KIA Stinger dot com StingerFest. Please CLICK HERE to cast your vote!
Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Kia to intergrate new infotech for emergency services vehicles

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger in the News' started by AV8R, May 4, 2019.

1. AV8R

AV8R Australia 5000 Posts Club! Staff Member Authorized Vendor Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  2. Coast GT

Coast GT Australia Stinger Enthusiast

Interesting, but will need a slightly bigger display unit and needs a lot of work to integrate all the systems. Every department uses different software so it would still need some sort of on board computer to run all of it, most likely tucked away in the boot. Don’t see why they can’t just do that now and have it hook into the display. HWP already run a touch screen only in the front with the laptop driving it from the boot. The newer versions are essentially like tablets with no laptop paired to it. Cops have been saying this for years but no manufacturers have ever really bothered to do anything with it. They’d want to make their nav system more user friendly too and able to continue to operate in the background while the police specific programs are running over the top. Worth looking into though, glad Kia and Fujitsu are having a serious go at it.

3. Sasquach

Sasquach Australia Newish Member

Hey @AV8R And @Coast GT. That's actually my project....lol

Love driving the GT its a serious weapon and were turning it into an absolute "Predator". Have to admit I was a bit sceptical at first about the car but after the first day driving it i cant get the smile off my face. Soo much power and i only just found out it does Launch Control from this forum last night so that will be some fun later today once i bolt the front end back on.

You are spot on about the software being different in every state its makes it challenging but nothing worthwhile is easy.

Gotta say Kia have been amazing on this project

• Like Like x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted