kia stinger store

"Kia Stingray"

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
SUV violated rules number 4 and 5; "Stingray" driver possibly violated rule number 1; but at the moment the pic was taken is definitely in violation of rule number 2.

1. Always devote as much conscious attention to your driving as required. I would say at least half of your brain power at all times. Reduce/eliminate multitasking.

2. Never follow too closely. Be generous in the allowance of space between your car and the vehicle you are following.

3. Reduce speed to existing conditions. This means never use cruise control in slick or icy or restricted visibility conditions.

4. Check your mirrors often. The idiots behind you will pose your greatest risk that you have zero control over. (Leave enough space in front of you to get out.)

5. Never perform sudden, unsignaled maneuvers. Always be where other drivers expect you to be.

6. Check for side traffic, and double check, before pulling out into traffic or changing lanes.

Blue Bucket

South Korea
I would say at least half of your brain power at all times.
Half!? Sounds a bit low. No?

Driving in Korea, for instance, requires full attention basically 100% of the time if other cars are near you. I have to watch what I'm doing and watch everyone else to avoid what ever ridiculous things they are going to do. Long drives are exhausting.

Btw, if someone cuts you off, by definition you will be violating #2 :p

Stay safe out there everyone!

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Half!? Sounds a bit low. No?

Driving in Korea, for instance, requires full attention basically 100% of the time if other cars are near you. I have to watch what I'm doing and watch everyone else to avoid what ever ridiculous things they are going to do. Long drives are exhausting.

Btw, if someone cuts you off, by definition you will be violating #2 :p

Stay safe out there everyone!
For sure. I use 99.9% of my attention when driving. At least half means 51% to me. That should be enough to see a situation developing and engage 100%. And don't leave out the injunction to reduce/eliminate multitasking (aka cellphones, makeup and eating, etc.).

I've had people ask me what a "Stingray GT" was or if my car is a type of new Maserati or Audi or BMW.

Someone asked how much my "Kia Hyundai Stingray" was once. Not joking.

When I tell them how cheap (relative to competition) my base model 2020 GT RWD was they don't believe me. Had someone actually say out loud in shock that their fully loaded V6 Camry cost more and had a fraction of the warranty from the factory.

Buzzrush

The guy that installed my dashcam kept referring to it as a Stingray. Surprised he wasn't aware of the car as he was into the whole Chicago racing scene. He gushed over the Stinger as we talked extensively about it. He said "I wonder how this Stingray would do against my BRZ. I'll have to hunt one down and find out." Ehhhhhh....Good luck with that :laugh: Good dude though.

The guy that installed my dashcam kept referring to it as a Stingray. Surprised he wasn't aware of the car as he was into the whole Chicago racing scene. He gushed over the Stinger as we talked extensively about it. He said "I wonder how this Stingray would do against my BRZ. I'll have to hunt one down and find out." Ehhhhhh....Good luck with that :laugh: Good dude though.
I got a few buddies with some BRZ's (gt86 / FRS / same stuff) with some flavorful mods... they're unstoppable on any backroad or track... I couldn't keep up on the backroads of Virginia or Pennsylvania in my WRX... would never even stand a chance in my current boat lmfao... but I got the Stinger because my driving went from 90% backroads to 90% highways now so it made more sense... :p

Buzzrush

I got a few buddies with some BRZ's (gt86 / FRS / same stuff) with some flavorful mods... they're unstoppable on any backroad or track... I couldn't keep up on the backroads of Virginia or Pennsylvania in my WRX... would never even stand a chance in my current boat lmfao... but I got the Stinger because my driving went from 90% backroads to 90% highways now so it made more sense... :p
Agreed. Those cars are a BLAST in the twistys. They would eat our cars for lunch in those situations. I assumed he meant straight line, stop light to stop light which is not that cars forte unless you drop A TON of money into it. My cousin had one and we took it out and ripped up some backroads. When we got to a straightaway, I punched it and was surprised to say the least. It was a complete dog. I actually said "SHIT....did I break it?!?!" LOL. Fun car though.

nhcowboy28

1000 Posts Club!
Alpharetta, GA

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW