Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

KIA Stinger Receives First-Ever JD Power Engineering Award for Highest Rated All-New Vehicle

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger in the News' started by Kia Stinger, Apr 15, 2019 at 11:47 AM.

1. Kia Stinger

Kia Stinger United States Administrator Staff Member

Award Focused on Excellence in Automotive Engineering Bestowed on the Highest Performing Vehicle in Kia’s History

IRVINE, Calif., April 15, 2019 — After ushering in a dynamic new era for Kia Motors, the 2018 Stinger sportback has been awarded the first-ever J.D. Power Engineering Award for Highest-Rated All-New Vehicle. Based on combined consumer evaluations included in the J.D. Power Initial Quality SM and APEALSM Studies, Kia is the first OEM to be recognized by J.D. Power for delivering the highest-rated new entry into the market for a model year.

“The Stinger is the result of years of hard work and dedication from the industry’s top designers and engineers. We turned what was once considered a dream car into a startling and enthralling new reality,” said Michael Cole, chief operating officer & EVP, Kia Motors America. “Being the first auto manufacturer to receive this prestigious award from J.D. Power, an organization known for excellence in research, is a true testament to Kia’s ‘Give It Everything’ philosophy.” Read more...

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Edwardb1

Edwardb1 United States Member

You beat me to the post!:D

3. westcoastGT

westcoastGT 2500 Posts Club!

Thats great , hopefully it will translate into a few more sales , certainly brightens the glowing Halo a bit more !

4. robz32

robz32 United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator Texas Stinger Swarm

Nice!!

5. Waynerm002

Waynerm002 United States 1000 Posts Club!

Great job KIA!

6. Peeso33

Peeso33 United States Active Member

That's fantastic... But I really don't understand Kia's marketing strategy here with the Stinger. Over the weekend, I dropped by a shopping center where a "Stinger Salon" use to be, I was very surprised that Kia had closed it down after only 18 months or so of opening it.

7. KikoTheAkita

KikoTheAkita United States Active Member

Nice. Makes me want to not re-badge.

8. eflyguy

eflyguy United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

I wouldn't find that too surprising.. they were just to drum up interest for a new model. As you stated, it's been over 18 months now.

9. Peeso33

Peeso33 United States Active Member

I had a lease vehicle return over the past weekend. Returned a leased Lexus SUV. Of course got the hard sales pitch of getting me into another/next Lexus. Told the sales guy, I've already got my next vehicle since last year. He had absolutely zero clue what a Stinger is. As my wife drove up in the Stinger to pick me up, this sales guy was absolutely floored and confused and said that "this beautiful looking car is a Kia?"

I'm genuinely curious (and slightly worried) about Kia's marketing strategy with the stinger. This specific Stinger Salon location that closed was only 5 miles away from Kia HQ in Irvine, California. To me, it was in this sales pressure free environment that I originally first saw and sat in a Stinger... eventually leading me to purchase one.

10. GenesisG70

GenesisG70 United States Stinger Enthusiast

Awesome car, definitely more reliable than my 981. Congrats Kia you are a true top notch car company.

11. KikoTheAkita

KikoTheAkita United States Active Member

So this is the first time ever that JD Power has bestowed this award. But as I read it, it is based on a combination of two studies - the J.D. Power Initial Quality SM and APEALSM Studies. I'm wondering, if both of these studies have been conducted in past years, it would be interesting for JD Power could perform the same combination of past data to see what car would have received the award in previous years.

Draft saved Draft deleted
Tags: