Kia stinger range

T1tr

Newish Member
Can anyone tell me what's the best range they can get on a full tank of gas. i am shocked at my numbers. Today i filled up and my range was 480km until empty. My Jag XF 4.2 V8 was giving me 700 plus km until empty whenni first got it. then I averaged out to between 590km to 630km until empty on a full tank .

Satansfist

The "range till empty" is based on the kind of driving you've just been doing, so if you've been doing a heap of city driving the estimate will be based on that and a lot less than if you had just driven 700km on the open road at a constant cruising throttle. if you go out on the highway now and drive for a while you'll see that "range till empty" go up the longer you cruise.

Gargamel

Sustaining Member +
Sweden
Can anyone tell me what's the best range they can get on a full tank of gas. i am shocked at my numbers. Today i filled up and my range was 480km until empty. My Jag XF 4.2 V8 was giving me 700 plus km until empty whenni first got it. then I averaged out to between 590km to 630km until empty on a full tank .
I get around 500km to empty when i fill up in my 3.3TT

nhcowboy28

1000 Posts Club!
Alpharetta, GA
72 leagues.

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada
The "range till empty" is based on the kind of driving you've just been doing, so if you've been doing a heap of city driving the estimate will be based on that and a lot less than if you had just driven 700km on the open road at a constant cruising throttle. if you go out on the highway now and drive for a while you'll see that "range till empty" go up the longer you cruise.
......and the Stingers have a very small fuel tank

Rynil2000

Cumming, GA
Yeah you cant really compare cars like that. How large is the fuel tank on the Jag? I would guess its significantly larger than the Stingers.
......and the Stingers have a very small fuel tank
Jaguar XF fuel capacity is 19.5 gallons; mileage for the 4.2L is listed as 25.5 combined mpg = 497.25 miles of range.

Stinger GT has a 15.9 gallon tank and 20 combined mpg = 318 miles of range. (had 25 combined here before, but that's for the 2.0T)

So, there's your increased range. The Jag just has a large fuel tank and better fuel economy. Which if Kia is listening for ideas for the 2021 refresh, please add a larger fuel tank. An extra 3.5 gallons would really help add some "touring" to the Grand Touring aspect of the car.

Last edited:

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Which if Kia is listening for ideas for the 2021 refresh, please add a larger fuel tank. An extra 3.5 gallons would really help add some "touring" to the Grand Touring aspect of the car.
Looks good in print. But I am not interested in altering the car's fore and aft balance; nor giving up any cargo space for extra gallons. I certainly would not want this car's profile to look higher in the ass end because of a bigger fuel tank.

eflyguy

2500 Posts Club!
Georgia, USA
Four more gallons would make the tank ~3" longer (front to back) or ~1" deeper.

I don't tend to drive over 4 hrs in one go, but it would be nice to be able to drive up to the Dragon and have a day of fun without needing to fill up.

Rynil2000

Cumming, GA
Looks good in print. But I am not interested in altering the car's fore and aft balance; nor giving up any cargo space for extra gallons. I certainly would not want this car's profile to look higher in the ass end because of a bigger fuel tank.

ZyroXZ2

Stinger Enthusiast
I don't get all the complaints about range. The high on my first Stinger was 372mi on a full tank, and here on my new one I've got 369mi range the next morning as I was waiting for the oil to warm up a bit. (this pic was from a few months ago because someone else asked me about the range, lol)

The lowest I've had was about 300mi range, and that was because I literally only drove 5.4 miles each day for several weeks to and from work without any client site appointments, lol

Granted, I use cruise control religiously, and I'm getting the feeling that's a factor for all you lead footers... :rofl: My previous car was about 320mi range high, 260mi low, so I've gone up!

antne

Carroll County, MD
Jags always get great mileage piggy backed on the garage Jerr Dan roll back ;)

Gargamel

Sustaining Member +
Sweden
I don't get all the complaints about range. The high on my first Stinger was 372mi on a full tank, and here on my new one I've got 369mi range the next morning as I was waiting for the oil to warm up a bit. (this pic was from a few months ago because someone else asked me about the range, lol)

The lowest I've had was about 300mi range, and that was because I literally only drove 5.4 miles each day for several weeks to and from work without any client site appointments, lol

Granted, I use cruise control religiously, and I'm getting the feeling that's a factor for all you lead footers... :rofl: My previous car was about 320mi range high, 260mi low, so I've gone up!
~365 miles range is quite "low" imo. That is just above my 500km range fuled up.
With my previous car (volvo v70-16) i had over 1000km range filled up. :D

ZyroXZ2

Stinger Enthusiast
~365 miles range is quite "low" imo. That is just above my 500km range fuled up.
With my previous car (volvo v70-16) i had over 1000km range filled up. :D
We're trying to keep the comparison within the same species of fruit, lol

And also, 369mi is closer to 600km. And I believe your V70 had a 0-60 of, like, 10 seconds :rofl:

Blingen

Dover, DE
So I dug around and found the specs for the European stingers with diesel engines. Their fuel tank capacity is the same 60 liters (15.9gal). Their Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) tank capacity is 18 liters(4.75gal). Theoretical gas tank size could have been 21 or 22 gallons. Definitely would have given us the 500 mile range. Sooo...who wants to add the DEF tank to their stinger, bridge it to their fuel tank and have a 21 gallon gas tank?