kia stinger store

Kia stinger Quality control is N/A

BENSTUNGBYKIA

Newish Member
I bought my 2021 stinger new in november of 2020. Since then my car has had major problems 8 times to put chips guards on. Rear black chrome on the hatch keep peeling. Rear door latch failed while driving allowing the rear door to open with the car moving at speed, door will not close properly. I have frost developing on the guage cluster seats and dash. The car has been to kia 16 times they can't fix the car 2021 must be a bad year.

There's no way I would keep that car if frost was forming in the car. From the door that's not closing, bad seal?

I've only done service at one dealership a few times (for an Optima) and a majority of the trips have gone not the way I wanted
Good luck

Blue Bucket

South Korea
I bought my 2021 stinger new in november of 2020. Since then my car has had major problems 8 times to put chips guards on. Rear black chrome on the hatch keep peeling. Rear door latch failed while driving allowing the rear door to open with the car moving at speed, door will not close properly. I have frost developing on the guage cluster seats and dash. The car has been to kia 16 times they can't fix the car 2021 must be a bad year.
Probably not a helpful comment, but I've had no problems with my 2021. You got a lemon.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Echo the @Blue Bucket : MY18, almost three years, not a single issue. I'd "lemon" it too and probably would be soured on a Stinger and look for something else (unless, other than the obvious issues, you love driving this car: then get another one and cross your fingers: odds are heavily in your favor that another one will be fine).

WRXtoStingerGT

Yonkers NY
Document (dates, time, miles, location, etc) and report all 16 visits if you have not at this point.

Document (dates, time, miles, location, etc) and report all issues both from the past and the present.

Document any other problems that have occurred or other problems with Kia dealership experiences or Kia corporate experiences.

Request either a refund of the vehicle or a replacement vehicle of equal MSRP or Paid-Value depending on your state. Just Google it. Not hard I promise.

Good luck.

Sounds like a garbage lemon car; similar to mine but perhaps more annoying.

BENSTUNGBYKIA

Newish Member
Update on my 2021 kia stinger problems rear pass door latch failed and allowed the door to open while the car was in motion latch got stuck in the open postion the latch was replaced by kia. I also found pass front door was coming in contact with the finder they said What's not aligned properly. Then the front driver door latch failed while driving the door latch was stuck in the open position drove to the dealership with the door malfunctioning. This is completely stupid and lemon law Attorney said in order to have a case the latches has to fail on the same door twice

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
That's insane! And TWO stuck open door latches on the same car?? The misalignment has an easy fix; this was shared on here well over two years ago, as I recall; a single instance of misalignment; the pic was pretty stupid; you could have seen that drop in the rear edge of the door from thirty feet away it was that bad. Once fixed, problem gone. But stuck door latches? How do you explain TWO of them on the same car? Wouldn't that count as two failures? What are the chances? If that is literally how the "law" is worded, it is stupid.

DoctorStiches

Sounds like that 1 in 4k cars that had 'jeb' workin on it after lunch and 3 beers to me

WRXtoStingerGT

Yonkers NY
lmfao that's freaking insane...

WRXtoStingerGT

Yonkers NY
I swear it's like... unless you go with a Lexus... expect problems left and right nowadays...

Lord3Putt

Nunya, BSNS
In all honesty I had more problems with my $62,000 audi than my $40,000 stinger.
What kind of Audi?

I had a B8.5 S4 that I put 95k problem free miles on. It was stage 2 for about 85k of them.

My Stinger ('19 GT2) has had:
- The sunroof replaced. It took 4 trips to the dealer, 2 weeks with a Nissan Versa loaner, and the rattle came back (not as bad, though) after about 8 months.
-The rear differential replaced. That was only 2 trips to the dealer, but had a sweet Ford Fiesta loaner that time.
-Multiple squeaks and rattles. I won't bring rattles into the dealership out of fear the new rattles they'll give me.
-Electrical gremlins: blue 360 camera screen, heated seats won't turn on until I restart vehicle
-Have had to re-bed brakes multiple times

I almost pulled the trigger on a B9 S4 when I was car shopping. Thought I was doing the "smart" thing going with the Kia. IMO, I made the wrong decision...

ht_addict

That truely sucks. If you can get it replaced under Lemon laws, I would proceed down that route.

It is unfortunate, but someone will ultimately get a vehicle that has problems and or a lemon. I've had 5 Kia's(3 Souls, Optima Hybrid and Stinger) since 2010. All have been extremely reliable day to day. A leaky gas tank for an 8yr old Soul, probably from all the Salt we use up here in Canada and some suspension work on my Optima at about 150k. Luckily i bought the extended warranty. The Stinger has been a dream since I got this past August.

WRXtoStingerGT

Yonkers NY
I have many friends who come from German brands... primarily Audi, BMW, and MB... well VW too... but I have two close cool cats I know who both have had multiple Audi products in the past (2010 S4, 2014 S4, 2009 R8 V8, drawing a blank on the others) and they swear those cars are bulletproof and perfectly reliable inside and out.

As I said before, and I will say it again... all brands have their lemons and unreliable cars... certain brands though (statically speaking) have a higher amount of problems to go wrong with their cars than others...

I had to go to the dealership five times to fix my brake problems within a six month period of a brand new car. Does that mean the Stinger is garbage and unreliable? No... probably not... But seeing first-hand how poorly the dealerships communicate with corporate and how everyone is backwards with how they work on things is not confidence-boosting to say the least.

Also, and I don't remember if I wrote about this before, but when I was cross-shopping and test driving cars before getting my current Stinger... I remember one of the three 3.3TT models I test drove went into a strange "limp mode" after the first launch... the sales guy doing the drive with me called his manager to take a look and the manager said he had never seen that issue before and said it was probably a fluke. This was on the 2020 GT1 with AWD. The other two stingers, both GT... but one was RWD and the other AWD... did not have this weird thing happen during the test drive. Of all the cars I have test driven, whether for myself or family or friends, I have never experienced one having such an awkward hiccup before lmfao.

Nocostinger

Find a different Kia dealership. I've noticed that warranty issues that aren't resolved at one Kia dealership seem to be tackled easily and more willingly by others.
Pro tip: Find the dealership the honks on about their "amazing customer service" and has a gajillion reviews to show for it. They'll do crazy stuff just to make sure you're happy. When they treat you right, hit em' with a 5 star review. My local Kia dealer bends over backwards for me because I have them send me a survey every time and I pad it to 5 stars if they've taken care of me.