kia stinger store

Kia Stinger Navigation Map Update

JSolo

Stinger Enthusiast
Chicago
^^Thanks for clarifying. I've used microsd/card readers before in other updates, but the uvo system seemed particular. Come to think of it, it may have been the card reader itself. It has a slot for micro sd and regular sd. IIRC it maps each as a distinct device. Maybe the system didn't like that. It did start the updating but failed immediately. :confused:

I'd love to gain some console access to this thing!!

RUFFSTUFF

Stinger Enthusiast
Jacksonville Area
Mine took JUST a bit longer. Perhaps it was because I had it update in background mode on my 22, but it took just about 3.5 hours to complete. It was a 22 GB download that had to unpack from the USB. It was a nice trip but I did burn half a tank of gas.
Only 7 times longer than anyone else.

RUFFSTUFF

Stinger Enthusiast
Jacksonville Area
Who knows but the is 0 reason for it to take over 3 hours. None.

new kia badge emblem logo
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

Marc Collins

1000 Posts Club!
Toronto, ON
I believe the 22 models update over USB flash drive. The previous models uses a 32gig sd card . And on ours once you put a SD card with the update files on it the system recognizes it and asks if you want to start the update so I never actually have had to go into setup and manually find update as it asks automatically.
Also worked that way on my 2018.

new kia badge emblem logo
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

D.J.

JSolo

Stinger Enthusiast
Chicago
I tried posting on the mapnsoft site re the detailed guidance issue (icon intermittently appearing/disappearing). Site was erroring out. I called instead. Woman said they've had issues with spam so it's read only for now.

She did indicate the next update should be out around 11/15.

n8hegr8

glad my dealership keeps up with this stuff and cares whether or not to ask me if i would like my car's software updated.;)
glad UVO or Kia notifies me and i dont have to go search forums or the googley to find there are software updates.;)
you'd think UVO would just send the shit thru like the googley play store or your phone and just update the stuff. glad samsung keyboard is great at not autocorrecting even though ac is turned off.

Last edited:
kia stinger badges
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!