Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Kia Stinger Methanol Injection

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, and Exhaust Discussion' started by Larry Denen, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Larry Denen

Larry Denen United States Active Member Founding Member

Are any of the vendors working on methanol injection for the Stinger?

2. DaJackson

DaJackson United States Stinger Enthusiast Staff Member Moderator

In the Burger Tuning thread about them designing a chip they mentioned the vehicle having Water Meth Injection.

I made a comment about it but no one else seemed to care.

I ran water/meth on my GTI but never really saw any gains unless I was on the rave tune which normally required 100oct but could be run on 93oct with W/M. Even then it was small and not worth having to worry about making sure the tank was full.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Larry Denen

Larry Denen United States Active Member Founding Member

4. KLR STINGER

KLR STINGER Canada Active Member

Water/meth alone rarely increases power, but does help with preventing heat soak, and keeps IATs cooler so that the ECU can run more timing. On turbo cars the benefit is being able to run Race gas boost levels without race gas. Usually that means 3-4 PSI more. If you are not tuning, all it will do is run charge air temps cooler and richer. If you are not tuning for it I would not bother unless heat is a major problem for you.

• Agree Agree x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted