Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Kia Stinger GT (not GT1 or GT2): reasonable monthly pymt range?

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by MattyC, Apr 27, 2018.

1. MattyC

MattyC United States Newish Member

So lemme preface, I understand there are a lot of threads on this forum that talk monthly payments, MSRP, MF, Invoice etc. I get it. Sometimes though it's tough to extrapolate all that information into specifically what you're looking for. If this post is deemed repetitive and needs to be removed, so be it. However if someone could help me, that'd be great.

Stinger GT. Not the GT1 or GT2. I'm looking at one that is 37,345. Looking at leasing (36 or 48m). 2k down is what I'd be willing to give at signing. Credit score roughly in the high 600's. I live in NC so I think state tax is 3%?

So with all that being said, is $400/m a reasonable payment? BTW this isn't anything I've been quoted on. This is just internet research in terms of cars available at my nearest dealerships. I have yet to talk to a sales rep. I just wanted to get thoughts on this forum as to realistically, where I'm gonna be monthly payment wise.

Thanks.

2. terrylharris

terrylharris United States Newish Member

20180411_080918.jpg 20180411_080842.jpg 20180411_080918.jpg 20180411_080842.jpg Matty, I just bought a GT with MSRP of over $43,000. AWD and the Drive Wise safety packages kicked the price up. With the Kia car body dent and ding and tire and rim dent and ding package my payments are $537. Love the car but the safety and stop and go functions seem to be hit and miss. Only have 300 miles on it so will iron that out.

• Like Like x 2
  3. MattyC

Car looks good Terry. Thanks for the reply. Couple questions:

1. Was 43k the out the door price?
    2. Did you put any money down?
    3. What was your state tax?
    4. Lease or Buy? And how many months?
    The whole thing I'm trying to do is when I do go to the dealership, Not be unrealistic in what my monthly payments are going to be. If I'm thinking $400 and in reality its 5, thats fine. But I don't wanna waste my time there.

Thanks again.

4. terrylharris

terrylharris United States Newish Member

The 43k was the sticker price, not out the door. Yes we put 3k down. State tax was 7%. Lease for 3 years.

5. StingMe

StingMe United States Member

The Kia website payment calculator is the best way to check out the numbers.
    Even lets you enter your own credit score, and factors in incentives.

SHOPPING TOOLS > PAYMENT CALCULATOR

www.kia.com

6. MattyC

StingMe appreciate that! I guess I can ballpark the figure as that shopping tool won't let me change the actual price of the car (at least I don't think). It's basing everything off of the 39,250 MSRP whereas the car I'm looking at is about 2k cheaper. Still a good tool and baseline.

7. RVance

RVance United States Member Sustaining Member

Not to sound all know-it-all-y, but NEVER buy a car based on monthly payment. That leaves the dealer a lot of room to clean your clock. Higher than necessary interest rates and extended months of payments are the usual ways a dealer can optimize profits while making it seem affordable. Get your best deal first. Do not discuss monthly payment, financing, or trade-in until you get a great price- or a deal you think is fair. After you get a deal IN WRITING, then pursue your financing options. It's usually better to sell your trade-in than give it away to the dealer because you are anxious to get that new car. I was able to get a 5 year, 0.9% rate on the balance due after a $15K down. I asked the finance department to show me all the numbers and total payout before signing. Thankfully, it all added up. Harper Kia/Ford in Eureka, CA is a reputable dealer- since 1912. Good luck.

8. jrhodes87

jrhodes87 United States Active Member

I got my gt AWD for 33k

with negative trade in of about 3k, and then 2k down we got it to 500/month
    tier 1 credit, 48 months 10k miles/year. I plan on buying the lease out eventually

the dealership was excellent and knew I was traveling 5 hours to get the car they knocked 2k off sticker price for me.

had 11 miles on it, in at 8k now been running awesome

9. StingMe

StingMe United States Member

Just add your $2k discount off msrp to the trade in or down payment figure in the calculator :thumbup:

Draft saved Draft deleted