Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Kia stinger for 32k??

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by Kylage, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Kylage

Kylage Canada New Member

Hi guys I love this forum and have been reading up on what people are paying for the stinger. I love thetlooks and practicality of this vehicle but my budget is 32k (Canadian) :/ . Do you guys think prices will drop in Canada ? If not, any alternatives to the stinger?

2. Audible Silence

Audible Silence United States Active Member

2.0 or 3.3?

• Like Like x 1
  3. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 2500 Posts Club!

My18s have to come in under $32K, new. I bet there are Premiums and GTs that go that low; and maybe even a GT1 if you get lucky. Some first Stinger owners have traded their cars in on other models. I saw a Yellow GT at my dealership that had only been owned or c. four months. It was pristine. So a good deal on a used Stinger would be in my list of choices; if I had my heart set on a Stinger and I was on a fixed budget.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kylage

Kylage Canada New Member

Yeah in Canada the starting price is 40k. I am definitely interested in looking for a used one, but it doesn't seem like there are too many as of right now. I'm not in a rush but I do hope to get something by next Feb/March. As for the type: 3.3 is preferred but 2.0 is fine too.

5. Doel

Doel United States Active Member

I hope to God you don't find new 3.3s out there for 32k Canadian..... no offense :)
    you might be able to find some high mileage ones out there later next year for that price.

• Like Like x 1
  6. GetLikeJinxy

GetLikeJinxy Canada Newish Member

I got my 3.3 GT for 42k in BC, brand new. Just up your budget a bit

• Like Like x 1
  7. Stingkia

Stingkia United States Member

My 2.0T Premium was only $33,600 out the door. I have the look, plenty of power, and money to party with.

8. Dafoumanchew

Dafoumanchew Canada Newish Member

Just signed tonight $48k for a GT Limited in Ottawa.. depending what you're looking for it might go down, but can't be picky as I was in getting the last Ghost Grey 2018.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Stingkia

S
    Super! That is a killer color.

10. forzanerazzurri

forzanerazzurri Canada Active Member

You can get a GT for about 44 all in (based on what I got a MY2019 for). I dont think I've even seen a used one on the market. My guess is most of these cars were leased and not purchased. Give it another year and a bit when the leases start to expire, you could probably find a used one for half price as these cars will depreciate like mad.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Kylage

Kylage Canada New Member

Thanks for the responses guys! I think i can wait it out for one more year !!

12. JP's_Stinger

JP's_Stinger Canada Member

Bought mine 3 weeks ago (2018 Stinger GT 3.3TT AWD) for 41.7K$ in Quebec City. California Red, just like I wanted. Got a great rebate + free 18" Toyo Observe GSI 6HP + free installation on my FC04 18" wheels + first 3 oil change for free + free weather tech floor mat + free storing for the OEM 19" wheels/tires.

Pretty happy about it :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. NS_Stinger

NS_Stinger Canada Active Member

Quebec is like an entirely different country than Canada when it comes to buying cars. Not sure why you guys get such great deals on new and used cars unlike the rest of the country.

• Like Like x 1
  14. NS_Stinger

I'd be surprised to see a used one for half price in a year but I guess you never know. Its hard to say how the Stinger will depreciate in Canada since so few of them are around.

15. forzanerazzurri

forzanerazzurri Canada Active Member

I would bet my house that 3 year old Stingers will go for about half price of original MSRP.

16. JP's_Stinger

JP's_Stinger Canada Member

We're so polite, maybe that's the season :whistle:

Seriously, though, I don't know why...maybe dealers are simply more agressive in wanting to meet their end of the month quota than other province dealers. There is A LOT of end of the year aggressive sales from every single dealers. Just seen an add for a brand new A4 S-line 2018 technik for 495$/month (4 years lease) taxes included. That's very very low! The lowest I had for it when I test drove it, a month ago, was 615$/month...

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. NS_Stinger

Sure a 3 year old Stinger that might be the case, it was sounding like you were saying you'd find a 1 year old Stinger at half price. A year from now will be 2019 with the oldest Stinger model technically being a 2018...

18. Stingkia

Consider driving a bargain. The Premium 2.0T looks great, has plenty of power, gets excellent fuel mileage, and is available out-the-door for mid $30s. Mine was only $33,863.

Draft saved Draft deleted