Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Kia Stinger Dynamic Bending headlights

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Talk' started by Kirk Stef, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Kirk Stef

Kirk Stef United States New Member

Hello guys I’m new to post to the forums but not new to lurking and reading in the forums! I was searching around and found that the 2018 US models didn’t come with the dynamic bending headlights, but the EU models did. Correct ? Among searching around I actually found a site that sells all the Stinger headlights w/Dynamic Light Bending and the w/o Dynamic bending headlights. Do you think it could be possibly for the 2018 model years to switch the Non Dynamic to the Dynamic ones ? Thanks!

2. rdromance

rdromance United States Active Member

I have a 2018 GT2 and it has dynamic bending headlights. I'm in NY.

3. Kirk Stef

Interesting was it only the GT2’s to get them? I have a GT1 fully loaded, I just didn’t like the shifter in the GT2. Think it would be do-able to switch the headlights to the Dynamic ones ?

4. Tobstertx3

Tobstertx3 United States Stinger Enthusiast Texas Stinger Swarm

Same here.

5. Callum

Callum United States Stinger Enthusiast

Different headlights, computer programming and sensors. You’d have an easier time swapping the shifter than the headlights.

6. Kirk Stef

9E80525B-F446-481A-9F67-15A2D1DBED32.png
    You don’t think it’s be as easy as switching headlights to the ones that are being sold as “with dynamic light Bending from a Kia store?

7. SamB

SamB Canada Member

It'll be one hell of a job. Switching headlights is one thing but there's so much more to it. New sensors, reprogram the ECU for it to work, probably rewiring everything form the steering wheel. Not worth it IMO.

8. robz32

robz32 United States 2500 Posts Club! Authorized Vendor Texas Stinger Swarm

9. Kirk Stef

Do you know what sensors exactly? I’d like to see how much it’s possibly cost.

10. Berzerker

Berzerker United States Active Member

Enough to not be worth it, trust us.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thrashmetl

Thrashmetl United States Active Member

To be 100% honest, I feel like they’re just a gimmick and rather pointless. However, I live in the city and haven’t taken it on any Canyon night drives so I don’t know if that would change my opinion. I really wouldn’t waste my time.

12. Bigbikes

Bigbikes Australia Active Member

I have them and not gimmick work really well, added safety on winding roads.

13. Stinger GT SS

Stinger GT SS Australia 2500 Posts Club!

Once you do a night drive on dark windy roads you will be a convert.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Adamdan

Adamdan Canada Stinger Enthusiast

The Canadian gt limited comes with them too. The gt limited is like the US gt2 but we also get heated back seats and 360 cam.0

15. RUFFSTUFF

RUFFSTUFF United States Active Member

So do we... for 2019+

16. Adamdan

Adamdan Canada Stinger Enthusiast

That’s right i probably should have put I was talking about 2018.

17. SteveCo

SteveCo Canada 1000 Posts Club!

I was just at a family gathering at a Kananaskis country camping spot on Tuesday evening. Came back after dark on a narrow two lane winding ribbon of highway through the Rocky Mountain foothills, filled with elevation changes and wildlife on the move.

Really appreciated the bright white light, dynamic bending leading into the curves, and the automatic high beam toggle for traffic - one less distraction when trying to keep your eyes peeled for deer darting across the road. Best headlights I've ever had, and another reason (among many) that I'm glad I opted for the Limited trim level ... :thumbup:

upload_2019-8-16_8-26-15.png

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
  18. Stinger GT SS

Stinger GT SS Australia 2500 Posts Club!

Put your car in that shot & that would be the money shot on this forum, hands down.
    Wow, what magnificent scenery.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SteveCo

SteveCo Canada 1000 Posts Club!

It's a stock photo as I didn't take any pictures while driving on Tuesday, but that is a picture of the actual Kananaskis road (Highway 40) - and I have to agree it's a beautiful drive ... :thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  20. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

Geez that's a pretty picture.

You say that bending lights help with "wildlife on the move" but wouldn't that only be true of say deer crossing the road from left to right as you were into a left hand curve? It seems that with the lights bending left, if a deer came in from the right side, the DBL would actually not be in position to spot the approaching herbivore as well as fixed lights would.

• Agree Agree x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted