kia stinger store

3.3TT Kia Stinger Aftermarket Exhaust Information and Discussion

Fl stingergt

Stinger Enthusiast
I know on mine the vibration came from the heat shield that is above muffler on body to keep heat off gas tank. I have a borla system. It’s a by product of pitch frequency makes heat shied vibrate without hitting over medal . I dropped the mufflers and put some extra rubber spacer and it solved my issue. My noise was like a Tiney metal vibration at certain rpm.

Scott Curry

b
Question.

I have MBRP Pro Catback exhaust, and had Ultimate Performance Down and Mid pipes installed. When in drive, and at low RPM, like between 1.5 and 2.5, I get what sounds like really bad vibration from under the car. It sounds to my ear like it is coming from the middle to back of the car. It's driving me crazy. I took it back to the shop and everything appears to be secure and tightened down, and not touching any heat shields.

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.
I’m pretty sure this is quite normal you need to remove the fake exhaust tips install real tips off of your MBRP exhaust to direct the reverberation /vibration out the back of the car. Also drive with your paddle shifts and rev the motor out a little more in each gear it sounds absolutely horrific without doing that.

Scott Curry

b

I’m pretty sure this is quite normal you need to remove the fake exhaust tips install real tips off of your MBRP exhaust to direct the reverberation /vibration out the back of the car. Also drive with your paddle shifts and rev the motor out a little more in each gear it sounds absolutely horrific without doing that.
Is the ultimate Performance primary downpipe catted or non?

new kia badge emblem logo
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

General_Vodka

1000 Posts Club!
Moon
Stinger owners: "make sure you get tips that connect to the exhaust or else you will get a lot of drone reflected back into the cabin" other stinger owners "yeah I hate the drone"
Corvette: oh is that so? HOW INTERESTING...
Screenshot_20211109-223859.jpg
Literally EVERYONE: such INNOVATION!!! But then again, i don't think anyone will mind about drone when you have an NA flat plane v8 revving to 8.6k....

Tonys_GT1

Newish Member
I installed a Borla S-Type on my 2022 GT1 and didn't have any issues. The exhaust tip pipes (they're not really tips) do extend into the existing "fake" tips in the rear fender, which is a little different than what other's have said here. I still think the cabin sound would be better with real tips or extensions but has anyone done it on a 2022? The tips run really close to the fender tips and I'm worried that there would be issues with heat melting the fender.

One thought was to completely remove those inserts and put real tips but I am also afraid of any heat coming from real tips could be an issue. I have some 4" OD tips that I might try but maybe someone has done something similar before I waste my time?

mikegt2

I installed a Borla S-Type on my 2022 GT1 and didn't have any issues. The exhaust tip pipes (they're not really tips) do extend into the existing "fake" tips in the rear fender, which is a little different than what other's have said here. I still think the cabin sound would be better with real tips or extensions but has anyone done it on a 2022? The tips run really close to the fender tips and I'm worried that there would be issues with heat melting the fender.

One thought was to completely remove those inserts and put real tips but I am also afraid of any heat coming from real tips could be an issue. I have some 4" OD tips that I might try but maybe someone has done something similar before I waste my time?
Have any pics of how the exhaust looks coming out the factory tips?

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...
kia stinger badges
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Rhinoplasti78

Sorry, I should have posted these from the beginning. It looks like one may be close to centered but the inner ones are really close to the edge.
View attachment 66757 View attachment 66758
I have a 2022 as well with Borla, I just extended the Borla “tips” so they were further in the factory tips, helped reduce the drone for me where I have no issues. My exhaust shop was able to get it done were it doesn’t touch anything so don’t have to worry about anything melting. Not the greatest pictures but this is what it looked like

Attachments

• 9AE77DD8-C569-4FC8-9A85-D85253812BEF.jpeg
    9AE77DD8-C569-4FC8-9A85-D85253812BEF.jpeg
    171.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 01F6F586-3AA4-4F95-94A6-4DD18B36EA19.jpeg
    01F6F586-3AA4-4F95-94A6-4DD18B36EA19.jpeg
    227.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 87E207CD-D2D6-41AD-8D00-13DE1B7E4C39.jpeg
    87E207CD-D2D6-41AD-8D00-13DE1B7E4C39.jpeg
    482.8 KB · Views: 34

Tonys_GT1

Newish Member
I have a 2022 as well with Borla, I just extended the Borla “tips” so they were further in the factory tips, helped reduce the drone for me where I have no issues. My exhaust shop was able to get it done were it doesn’t touch anything so don’t have to worry about anything melting. Not the greatest pictures but this is what it looked like
Ah, I see. Since the Borla tips are necked down to a small diameter, I bet I can get a 2.25" x 0.60" thick SS tube to extend them out. At least it will be a cheap way to test the sound. Thanks for the info!

shoengine

Theoretically I guess it could be possible, but I am no expert so I can’t give you a definite answer.

Personally I didn’t notice the difference with the valve open and closed so I just kept mine off.
When was your build date?

Making time to browse the forum tonight and nice to see the Borlas fit the 2022s.

Keep those OE tips, because I got the highway-robbery Borla tips, and the inflated cost was not proportional to quality nor durability of finish...just under 2 years (2 winters) and the surfaces are visibly pitting, and a few car friends have noticed, which is embarrassing. Not good. Garbage. I don't recommend these.

Attachments

• Borla1.jpg
    Borla1.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Borla2.jpg
    Borla2.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 21

Tonys_GT1

Newish Member
Making time to browse the forum tonight and nice to see the Borlas fit the 2022s.

Keep those OE tips, because I got the highway-robbery Borla tips, and the inflated cost was not proportional to quality nor durability of finish...just under 2 years (2 winters) and the surfaces are visibly pitting, and a few car friends have noticed, which is embarrassing. Not good. Garbage. I don't recommend these.
Here's an update to that. I had to extend the tips to fix the noise in the cabin and the weird (maybe drone) that resulted from that. It took (2) 4.25" and (2) 6" pieces to make it look the way I wanted. I only tested it with carbon steel but I'm buying 304 stainless tomorrow. It's 2.25" 16GA exhaust tubing, which will slide over the necked down tips from the Borla exhaust. I'm not sure how the heat will be but I can try and fix it with some sort of heat shield.

Attachments

• 20220112_172526.jpg
    20220112_172526.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 13

Buklau

Toronto, Ontario

Wow, those look horrendous. I expected the quality to be best of the best given they cost as much as an exhaust… I went with AliExpress oval gloss CF tips for my MBRP exhaust and after 1 year and over 40,000km driven, they look almost brand new. I only spent $150 CDN on them.

Attachments

• C697517C-B00C-44F3-8C24-50DFAD308E2A.jpeg
    C697517C-B00C-44F3-8C24-50DFAD308E2A.jpeg
    378.3 KB · Views: 16

cncBilly

1000 Posts Club!
North Vancouver

Nice that they put their name on them. That way people can see who makes the pieces of:poop:

Hawk853

I feel for you.
The silver lining is you can refinish that clear coat yourself and restore the finish.

I’d sand as much of the clear off without getting down into the carbon then brush on multiple coats of UV resistant epoxy resin, sand and polish smooth to a gloss finish. Pretty much what you find all the carbon skinning guys are doing.

Sucks that you’d even have to consider putting work into something with such a large price tag, but worth it to salvage the part. Bonus is you can loose the borla logo, and/or inlay something custom.

As a final chemical protective measure from all the exhaust and road nastiness, you could also find a Cerakote installer to spray it clear ceramic.