Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Kia Stinger 480 WHP vs Mustang GT 350

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger vs The World' started by namja, Jan 2, 2020.

1. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 10000 Posts Club!

How freaking silly is that. :laugh:

2. The Madhouse

The Madhouse United States Member

Really not that unreasonable a race as stock gt350 numbers have already been achieved and then some. My guess the stinger def didnt have 480hp or the gt350 had some mods Screenshot_20200102-211316_Google.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Brian B

Brian B United States Member

Not sure if that stinger was making the claimed 480 whp but that GT350 was slowly pulling away with glorious sound. I would have thought the Stinger would make more torque at that RPM then the GT350.

4. StungBlueGT2

StungBlueGT2 United States 1000 Posts Club! Sustaining Member

This is an old video and that Stinger wasn’t making anywhere close to 480whp, but yes a tuned Stinger makes around 500wtq up to 4500rpm which is where the gt350 is just getting to his optimal power range from 4000-7500rpm. Totally different power curves and thats a big advantage for the gt350 when roll racing. Would have been a much different race from a dig.;)

5. xot1

xot1 Korea, Republic of 1000 Posts Club!

Looks slow

6. Pnasty

Pnasty United States Member

makes me miss my mustang!

7. STINGER

STINGER Bahrain Stinger Enthusiast

1/4 mile trap speed will be a very good indication of what will happen in a role race. Most 450whp+ stingers still trap less than a GT350, so the result is no surprise.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. falanger

falanger United States Active Member

More GT2 on GT350 action. I think this is one of our members; if so, hope you don't mind me sharing your videos...

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. xot1

xot1 Korea, Republic of 1000 Posts Club!

These races end too early :p

10. Regs120

Regs120 United States Active Member

Are those car race videos or candid videos of the sky's above area 51?

As for the original video looks to be on par with the specs. The mustang pulls on it but the guy keeps up about a car length behind - though I doubt he was 480 whp. It also looks like who had bigger balls too racing like that on a public road with traffic.

11. lun471k

lun471k Canada Active Member

So, a $52K (Coupe, or is it the $59K "R" model?) GT350 vs a $49K Stinger with $2-3K in performance mods (full bolt-on + meth injection) ? Seems like a fair result to me.

12. eflyguy

eflyguy United States 2500 Posts Club!

Potato-vision in the glove box, with vroom-vroom noises.

• Like Like x 1
  13. luter200

luter200 United States Member

Lmao! It so sad when I see big ass maximum effort 8 cylinder Coyote barely putting one car length on a FBO stinger with ass ac, and heaters. You gotta understand that 5 bros are all super salty cause they are so accustomed to loosing to other real v8s in their same class. Its like the bully at school that only picks on kids smaller than them until someone bigger shows up.

14. Pnasty

A 10 speed coyote will gap any level of modded stinger. A tune only 5.0 A10 will absolutely gap any level stinger like it was sitting still. A 5.0 costs less. My 5.0 had cooled and heated leather, heated wheel, FULL digital display not the half like the stinger, etc etc. I think you’re the salty one for some reason

15. Pnasty

And that’s all in a straight line. Throw in any kind of actual fun driving and the stinger might as well be a dodge caravan in comparison....

it is an elegant and comfortable car, looks amazing too imo but let’s not try to compare it to actual performance cars lol

16. FokalPoint

FokalPoint United States Member

You were saying.... Of course the sports car will take the stinger on a roll but from a dig stock for stock and even modified vs modified an AWD stinger will win off the line. I owned a 2015 5.0 with full bolt ons (JLT Intake, Longtube catless headers, cat back exhaust, LundRacing Flex Fuel Tune) so I'm not some Kia fan boy defending the platform lol.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020 at 4:27 PM
  17. luter200

luter200 United States Member

Sounds like we gotta 5 bro lurking on these forums. I think the fact that you would sign up on the Stinger forum just to boast about how great 5.0s are proves your desperate for a W. I've burned at least 4 5.0s and one of them was FBO+tune. And actually I think you got it the other way around there buddy. You throw any kind of spirited driving at a mustang driver and he will find the closest crowd to run into lmfao.
    leaving-the-meet-like-mustang-drivers-crowds-best-50678648.png

• Funny Funny x 3
Draft saved Draft deleted