Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Kia Stinger 2018 or 2019 GT AWD pricing

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by Josh11742, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Josh11742

Josh11742 United States Newish Member

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I'm currently looking to upgrade from a camry to a gt stinger awd. I really don't plan on buying until July (I do not want to lease). However, I do have a few questions for everyone. First question might be hard to answer but how were the incentives last July for the stingers? Also I have been looking like crazy comparing prices on the gt awd (not gt 1 or gt 2) for 2018 and recently 2019. I'm seeing a wide variety of starting MSRP. I'm curious as to how much people are getting off of the MSRP for the 2018 gt stinger awd? I personally was hoping for 10% or more on 2019 when I'm ready to buy in July. Does everyone think 10% off MSRP or more is achievable by July 4th? More of opinionated questions that might be hard to answer but, I'm genuinely curious.

2. Ruturaj

Ruturaj United States Active Member

All prices you are seeing are after lease rebate or kia finance insensitive. Depending on the area you might have hard time getting 10% off in December of next year on 2019. I couldn't get 10% off near Raleigh NC. I was able to get around 8.7% off on 2019 though. Lease then buyout is the option to get best price.

3. Josh11742

Hmm... I never really thought about a lease buyout. I could just lease for 3 years. Than take a loan out. Might be something to really consider. I haven't seen any leading for the gt awd though. Something I'll have to look into.

4. Never thought

Never thought United States Stinger Enthusiast

You save way more if you buy itnout immediately. There is a long thread on it. 10% before incentives in July should be doable.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. DiabloStinger

DiabloStinger United States Stinger Enthusiast

If you are buying in July, you will be into a 2019 for sure. With incentives right now (if you buy a 2018) you should save about 10% off MSRP

6. Josh11742

Yeah the only way I would buy a 2018 in July would be because it's a great used car deal. I will look into the thread about buying out immediately. I'm also glad to hear if I do choose to just finance in July that I could possibly get 10%. I'm surprised I didn't think of lease buyout. I suppose it's because I've only had 1 car in 6 years (camry) and financed that so I never thought about leasing. I was always told to stray away from leasing. I will educate myself though on it since I only know the basics. I'm hoping they do some great July 4th deals. I'm glad I'm figuring this stuff out early while also having different ideas brought to my attention by you guy's. I really do appreciate the feedback.

7. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 2500 Posts Club!

I can add some input. Before the Stinger I had never bought a new car, so obviously never leased. I went in thinking we'd offer cash up front and get a really good discount. Surprised? To say the least. The dealer would only take $500 more off their already c. $3K off MSRP if we paid cash. Kia's rebate for financing was only $950. But at the time we bought (last March) the lease rebate/incentive was $5,900. So we opted to lease. I started learning right away on this forum (almost three months into our lease) about lease buyout; and I didn't want to bother, but it wouldn't let me rest. Short story: buying out at three months into the lease saved us well over $4K in monthly rent; the payment for the "privilege" of leasing. It's sort of like paying interest to get something right now that you don't have enough money to afford: the American way. :D

If buying out the lease means that the loan you took out to buyout has a high enough interest rate to rival the total outlay over the duration of your lease, then you're really not gaining anything by the buyout. But if say your credit union extends the loan to buyout at a really low interest rate, then buyout is definitely a money saver. (Of course, if you can pay cash for a Stinger, leasing and then buying out immediately - a week or so into the lease when it comes active on your kmfusa.com account finance page - will save thousands more than just dropping cash without leasing first.)

8. Josh11742

Leasing is becoming more and more attractive to me. Listening to everyone and educating myself from several videos leasing seems like a great option. I just need to find out a few other things like how much is due before signing and what not. I'm starting to like the idea of buying out right away. I have good credit and I've heard that my local credit union gives a great interest rate. I'm going to keep listening to you guy's as well as reading threads and watching videos to really understand everything. So my question right now is Kia will give you a buyout price right away so after let's say 36 months you can buy it at said price. So if I wanna buyout immediately do I buyout at that price they gave me? Or will it be more expensive?

9. Peeso33

Peeso33 United States Member

I’m into the miles and points game with credit cards. Each hard pull with your credit is worth $300-500 to me. If you lease, they pull your credit. When you buy out your lease 3 to 6 month later, they pull your credit again. If your going to drive more than 15000 miles a year, your better off just buying the car. Another data point for you. MY2019, base GT rwd 9.5% off the sticker, 11 days ago. You can totally get at least 10% off sticker before incentives if you’re still looking at July of 2019

10. Josh11742

I'm so glad I have time to figure this out. I went onto kia to put together a lease deal and the numbers are wonky. I still need to educate myself more on leasing and what not. But hey 9.5% this early sounds like a really good deal. Sounds like 10% on a awd gt wont be as hard if that's the route I take. Plus I'm hoping the July 4th deals will be good for the stinger.

11. MerlintheMad

The buyout changes and goes down over time; because it's the unpaid portion. Kia keeps it updated/current.

12. MerlintheMad

I don't see this as a given if you are exercising the buyout. Miles rated per year become irrelevant if you do the buyout. What you save by doing the buyout is all that lease monthly rent charge. Probably other savings too, that I did not bother to pursue, because just avoiding the rent was reason alone to do the buyout.

(edit to add: If you did more than 15K per year and exercised your option to purchase at the end of the lease, the "excess miles" also become irrelevant: they're "your" miles and it is your car.)

13. Josh11742

Ok, I'm just trying to get the best deal possible. Sounds like immediate buyout is a guy old option. However, when I do the calculation on kia for the lease I hate the more I put down the more I owe at signing. I'll have to play with the numbers more to get the price I want. Not to mention the site was going off of the current MSRP. I'm assuming I can get a decent % off that.

14. MerlintheMad

Apparently, putting money down to reduce the size of the lease is not helpful. You would get lower monthly payments by putting money down to reduce the starting size of the lease amount. But you won't be paying monthly on the lease because you're doing the buyout. If you have money to put down on the lease, save it and either use it to pay off your credit union buyout loan quicker (saving interest that way), or keep it in the bank for future eventualities.

15. Josh11742

Ok

16. MerlintheMad

"Penalty?" Are you referring to the buyout fee? It was/is $300. You are charged the same if, at the end of your lease, you opt to purchase. "They" are not going to lose that either way you go.

17. Josh11742

Okay that makes sense. I also live in ohio where the tax law kinda sucks.

18. Peeso33

Peeso33 United States Member

Josh, whether you buy or lease is up to you, but always verify the calculations yourself. Never assume a salesman's calculation as the correct amount. Trust, but verify. Kia's money factor on the lease are pretty bad imo, 0.00196 is something like 4.7% rent charge. Even with a large lease cash, you're not going to save money if you wait to buy it out at the end of the lease. Over at edmunds forum, they are very nice to provide mf, residual values, which would differ according to mileage allowance and zipcode. Good luck, see you on the other side soon. 2019 Kia Stinger Lease Deals and Prices - Page 3

19. Josh11742

It's starting to look like financing might be my best option. Kia has really good rebates in my area ( of course I'm buying in July so that could change). However, my tax laws here in ohio are crappy when it comes to leasing. I'll look at the link you went me.

20. Kyle

Kyle United States Newish Member

Ohio here too, I feel you man.

To answer your original question, the lowest I’ve been able to get a GT awd down to was $36000 before any incentives. It was one of the few yellow ones out there. Cincinnati area here.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted