Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

KIA paid dealer to make this a demo... Cannot lease. It has 12 miles.

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by Jtaskew, Apr 15, 2019 at 11:50 AM.

1. Jtaskew

Jtaskew United States Newish Member

Also cannot apply rebates/incentives... Seems shady but plausible. Any experience out there with this? Also, let me know if you think it is a good price or not. It is 2018 Red GT2 RWD (not able to post link since I am a green-horn here.)

They are asking $42,347

Thanks!

2. DaJackson

DaJackson United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

I think you might need to post more details for people to be able to give you an answer.

Saying a car is a demo doesn’t mean it’s not still a new car.

3. Jtaskew

Yeah, it is new and has low miles the dealer just told me kia had paid them to demo it and they cannot apply any rebates or even lease it because of that.

4. robz32

robz32 United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator Texas Stinger Swarm

Doesn't sound right. Kia usually does not pay dealers to demo their cars. Dealers buy the cars from Kia and then chooses which one they keep as a demo. Usually for manager to drive.

• Like Like x 1
  5. eflyguy

eflyguy United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

Sounds like BS to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Jtaskew

B/C I was looking to get the conquest cash and then lease but they shot me down. Not sure if they are looking for someone to bite and make a big profit or what.

I do appreciate advice from you all!

7. StingaGT

StingaGT United States Member

robz32 is right.
    Corporate doesn't mandate which vehicles to use as demo or test drive vehicle.
    Dealerships purchase vehicles and pick certain ones for demo and sells it later with bigger discount as it has been driven as test vehicle.
    Using conquest cash and lease case doesn't impact profit on dealer's end as those come straight from corporate.
    The only possible case where they wouldn't be able to any of the bonuses/incentives from the corporate would be if the vehicle has been registered to someone before.
    because if it hasn't been registered before, I can't think of a case where corporate wouldn't give you bonuses/incentives that you qualify for.
    but 12 miles is really low mileage

Have you tried to negotiate on 2019 models?
    I'm pretty sure you could get below $42k on 2019 GT2 if you use lease cash. (would be even better if you could get a dealer to apply both conquest and lease bonus like you said)

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. WillieP82

WillieP82 United States Member

Correct because then it would be a "Used" vehicle once it is titled and registered. Tried to get a Carfax on it and see what it says.

9. Jtaskew

They do have a 2019 GT2 in white. Lemme hit them up and see what they will do. If they give me the same type run around then I will just bail on that dealer. Wait, can I apply conquest to a lease?

10. WillieP82

WillieP82 United States Member

I would still be iffy with that dealer but please let us know what they say about the other one. lol

11. robz32

robz32 United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator Texas Stinger Swarm

12. Jtaskew

Metro Birmingham, AL

13. eflyguy

eflyguy United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

Never heard that term. Please add your location to your user profile.

14. DaJackson

DaJackson United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

I got mine from Gunther near Mobile. Didn’t play any games and got time the deal I wanted in less than 3 hours of communication. Might be worth a call.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Jtaskew

Thanks1 I will check them out too.

16. Jtaskew

Ok, they have a GT1 ceramic like I am wanting. Who was your sales guy?

17. MrSmoofy

MrSmoofy United States Active Member Sustaining Member +

Demo with 12 miles? Doesn't sound much like a demo. Demo's are usually driven a lot.

18. Jtaskew

Yeah, that was what I was thinking. They are taking the KIA money and selling it as "new" as in does not have a ton of demo miles. Good scheme I guess.

19. Callum

Callum United States Stinger Enthusiast

A dealer demo can loose rebates/incentives.

Lease support may of ended, the title may of been punched, over a certain mileage.

This is the time of year that previous MY's loose rebates, incentives and become huge losses for dealers since their is no finance/lease support on them

20. Jtaskew

That indeed does make sense. Oh, well I hate it for them.

Draft saved Draft deleted