Kia has record November Sales results in US

Capecod

Not surprised, not sure I notice all the KIA's on the road because I bought a Stinger and a Sportage for the wife but it seems like anytime im sitting in traffic there are KIA's all around me :)

mandasol

Cumming, GA
They could sell twice as many Tellurides if they could make them faster and dealers weren't price gouging.

Travis Wills

Many manufacturers had a tremendous November. Everyone except for INFINITI and to a lesser extent Nissan.

INFINITI sales have been abysmal this year. However, their loyal customers just keep saying “but look what is coming in a few years”.

I had been loyal to the INFINITI brand for 15 years but there is too much uncertainty around whether certain dealerships can keep their doors open.

I turned my Q50 lease in and got a Stinger and haven’t regretted it for one minute.

Kia sells almost as many Tellurides at full sticker price as INFINITI sells vehicles in total.

Nissan Group reports November 2019 U.S. sales

TwiceStung

Stinger Enthusiast
NC
See the Stinger total still hovers around 1000ish. Not great. I’m actually traveling on the road right now and was looking at what inventory is at dealers where I am (Ohio). Two dealers near me have ZERO stingers on the lots with a few others only 1 or 2.

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW

Drudge

Connecticut
I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing. On one hand you have rarity and uniqueness, heck I've yet to see another Stinger in the wild. On the other hand Kia decides to scrap the Stinger program and we're left with no future support from aftermarket manufacturers. I for one hope for higher sales and more enthusiasts joining the family.

DT88

T
Many manufacturers had a tremendous November. Everyone except for INFINITI and to a lesser extent Nissan.

INFINITI sales have been abysmal this year. However, their loyal customers just keep saying “but look what is coming in a few years”.

I had been loyal to the INFINITI brand for 15 years but there is too much uncertainty around whether certain dealerships can keep their doors open.

I turned my Q50 lease in and got a Stinger and haven’t regretted it for one minute.

Kia sells almost as many Tellurides at full sticker price as INFINITI sells vehicles in total.

Nissan Group reports November 2019 U.S. sales
The Q50/Q70, and previous G35/37s (which in my opinion were more exciting) have seen no apparent obvious updates cosmetically that make me go, “whoa they really changed the look and I like it!” The grille has always been a favorite and overall the fascia has been pretty nice on it but it’s overall (exterior-wise) a very boring looking car and the fact it’s being compared to the Stinger is of a laughing matter. They are not selling well and it’s understandable. Infiniti needs to do a mass overhaul of their vehicles and lose the CVT as well as Nissan.

Waynerm002

2500 Posts Club!
DC Metro Area
They'd rather keep both cadenza and k900 over the Stinger? Makes no sense....drop cadenza, improved the Optima and keep Stinger and K900
The Cadenza is a great car that they should make a bit sportier in my opinion. As we age, not everyone wants to graduate into a soft sprung full size sedan. They should put some in the rental fleet to give them some exposure. KIA doesn't advertise as much as other manufacturers do, and when you see a blitz of their commercials, it is about a sale of their full lineup. Folks need to know more about the car, its competition and why it is worth buying over them. Same for the K900. They really need to change their sale practice at the dealership level and hire some folks to specifically handle sales of their higher priced vehicles.

Travis Wills

T

The Q50/Q70, and previous G35/37s (which in my opinion were more exciting) have seen no apparent obvious updates cosmetically that make me go, “whoa they really changed the look and I like it!” The grille has always been a favorite and overall the fascia has been pretty nice on it but it’s overall (exterior-wise) a very boring looking car and the fact it’s being compared to the Stinger is of a laughing matter. They are not selling well and it’s understandable. Infiniti needs to do a mass overhaul of their vehicles and lose the CVT as well as Nissan.
To be fair, INFINITI sells almost twice as many Q50 cars as Kia sells Stingers. However, Kia sells almost as many Tellurides at full sticker as INFINITI sells total vehicles at tremendous discounts.

Things are really looking bad for INFINITI dealers lately. I could see some of them closing down.

DT88

To be fair, INFINITI sells almost twice as many Q50 cars as Kia sells Stingers. However, Kia sells almost as many Tellurides at full sticker as INFINITI sells total vehicles at tremendous discounts.

Things are really looking bad for INFINITI dealers lately. I could see some of them closing down.
To be also fair though for the Stinger, how many are being made and are available compared to that of the Q50? Red sports are more common than GT2s and I get they are higher performance but one simple tune puts the GT1 and GT2 at the exact same specs.

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada
Kia dealers will be the problem for maintaining the attention on the cars in question , small showrooms and cash flow will focus them on only bringing in vehicles they can sell in a timely manner , they cant get enough Tellurides , Niros and E Souls to meet demand and the refreshed Sportage is selling briskly , the new refreshed Sorento is coming next year and the new Steltos is just around the corner ...........the Cadenza , K900 and Stinger do move enough volume to maintain dealer interest .....................Kia will need to provide incentives to maintain dealer distribution and inventory ..............I think