• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Stinger drivers... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Kia Has No Plans to Kill the Stinger.

turboAWD

1000 Posts Club!
West Coast
Here is one article about how the Stinger will be discontinued by the end of this quarter. Kia May Kill the Stinger and K5
Linking to other websites in your article is lazy writing. I literally found out they were all wrong by doing a little research of my own and calling a dealership.

Sure, if the website is questionable, like all those other articles from 3 years ago saying the Stinger was done. autonews.com is like the gold standard of automotive news (not car reviews) - jalopnik, autoblog, thethruthaboutcars, etc mostly get their news from autonews, and add in some of their own reviews from driving the cars, etc.

Now, autonews said "may", so its not 100% definite. But, autonews saying it, IMHO, gives it way more credibility than other sites.

bfglitch

Hmmm... I heard Ascot green was discontinued for MY2023.

#Skeptical
2022-05-28_20-43.png

I still haven't gone to check. Ourisman Kia in Chantilly Virginia (Or Alexandria Virginia, they share the same owner, so they also share the same inventory online). Also, just clicked on the window sticker. Sure enough, 2023 GT2 AWD Ascot Green.

KAS

Adelaide, Australia

#Skeptical
It's a pity that colour wasn't made available in Australia. It looks really nice in the photos.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

NYBIOMED

It's a pity that colour wasn't made available in Australia. It looks really nice in the photos.
The light plays on it very funny, sometimes it looks grayish, sometimes blue-green. Rarely does it look like the green in the promo pics. Audi makes some nice cars in green, I would have preferred something of a more traditional. British racing green, but I like it and flew nearly 1k miles to get it for $800 under MSRP- that took some work and planning...

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

JERisBRISK

Sustaining Member +
I live found my dream Stinger at a Dodge dealership about 1.5 hours from where I live. 4,000 miles on it the dealership had purchased from another Kia dealership and marked it up.

Speaking of that practice, I bought my Stinger the same way — except they forgot to remove the old dealer’s sticker from the floor of the back seat and it revealed the pre-markup price from just a few weeks prior. I took a photo of it, then handed it to the sales guy and said, “I’d like to start our negotiations by your team honoring this price.”

After a lot of insisting and very embarrassed looks, they acquiesced.

I traded in my Nissan … I can afford it since I got a good interest rate and trade in, and 2) it just makes me happy walking up to it and driving off in it. Especially after a long day of work, just walking up to it makes everything better about mood and my drive home. Worth every penny!

Similar story here. I traded in a dying Nissan (only got $500 for mine, though, which I consider fair considering it needed $6000 worth of work). And mine sparks joy every time I get near it. It also makes my kids cheer when I drive it. Worth every penny.

SunStreaker

Don’t believe everything you read. Most of the people that write online car articles don’t do a ton of research. I called a dealership earlier this week and they were just informed that ordering for Stingers would be for the 2023 models. Additionally, they are only able to order GT-Line and GT2 trims. The GT1 trim is most likely discontinued. Additionally, a new GT2 Grand Tourer Special Edition Package will be offered.
Sounds like 2023 will be the last model year for the Stinger

2023 Stinger in Canada only. No changes to the vehicle.

Shafinr95

Newish Member
View attachment 71357

I still haven't gone to check. Ourisman Kia in Chantilly Virginia (Or Alexandria Virginia, they share the same owner, so they also share the same inventory online). Also, just clicked on the window sticker. Sure enough, 2023 GT2 AWD Ascot Green.
The colour is discontinued in Canada. Same with Atomic (Micro) Blue. I would have gotten the blue, but then you couldn't get the red interior so I got a 2023 Ghost Grey GT Elite instead.

gr3ggoor

Newish Member
Poland
Not sure how about US but KIA Poland confirmed few days ago that they are discontinuing the production. Latest order can be made till 5th of July, waiting time around 10months.
So I guess in EU the 2023 is the last year with new stingers.

btw. I am still waiting for mine which was orderd in September 2021, hopefully I will get it in July.

cncBilly

1000 Posts Club!
North Vancouver

#Skeptical
That is correct for Canada. Ascot Green and Atomic Blue take the gas pipe for 2023.

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...