kia stinger store

KIA EV6 GT - Watch the video

Waynerm002

2500 Posts Club!
Arizona
Info on the KIA EV6 is coming out today, KIA has a video of the car in a drag race. This thing looks like it going to be pretty quick! It will come in 3 levels and power configuration, Base RWD/AWD, making the least power, GT Line RWD/AWD (possibly long range version) and GT AWD with 577hp and 546 lb-ft of torque. This thing is going to stomp the Stinger, can only wonder if they do another GT car with an EV system, what the performance will be.

Any takers?

Kamauxx

2500 Posts Club!
Interesting. I wonder what a low-11 second Kia is going to cost. If they make it too cheap the Stinger will surely be discontinued.

EClapp3

I'm curious to the range. Thats the big downfall of EV still.

Waynerm002

2500 Posts Club!
Arizona
From the presentation, I think it was 510KM which is 316 miles. With more charging stations coming online and battery technology allowing for faster charging times, this one will fits in quite well for a regular sporty car replacement. If you are not driving a lot of miles, most EV's are good for the daily commute and getting stuck in traffic means you are not sitting there and burning fuel.

EClapp3

So in reality the long distance version will have a 200 mileish range. Still not even close to good enough.

EClapp3

300 is where it should hit and I'm sure it will get better later.
In my decent experience with EV's the actual range is normally about 2/3 of advertised max range. Not talking crap about this specific one, I don't think any EV has a good enough range in my opinion yet.

Aarvix

Stinger Enthusiast
North TX
But you can get another 315 in about 5 minutes at any of the thousands of gas stations everywhere.

Their claim of 60 miles in 5 minutes would suffice for most people's commuting needs if there were enough compatible chargers nearby. Longer road trips and rural drivers are another matter.

Waynerm002

2500 Posts Club!
Arizona
That's pretty much what I got from my Stinger. Once you go the EV route, you get the info on the charging points for long distance travel. More stations are being added as time goes on. The time for charging full for long distance trips are getting better in the newer vehicles.

TheBusch

Interesting. I wonder what a low-11 second Kia is going to cost. If they make it too cheap the Stinger will surely be discontinued.

Kia has announced that the EV6 will go on sale in the second half of 2021. Some markets can pre-order the car starting now. It’s likely that Korea, the EU and the US will be some of the first places where you’ll be able to order the car.

Pricing is a bit tricky. There’s no US figures currently, we’ll update this page when we have them. However, as a rough guide in the UK the EV6 is listed at £40,895 ($56,142 based on a straight currency conversion); the EV6 GT-Line is £43,896 ($60,262); and the GT is £58,295 ($80,027).

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/kia-ev6-2022-release-date-price-range-interior-and-more
https://www.tomsguide.com/news/kia-ev6-2022-release-date-price-range-interior-and-more

Pretty bold move for Kia, not sure who is in the market for this thing. I thought it'd serve better under the Genesis brand. Also, $20k more than a Model Y performance

Revvdmedia

1000 Posts Club!
Canada
My thoughts on EVs - while I like fast cars and would love to have easy access to fast cars, I hope the faster variants remain expensive. I'm not saying that people with more money are better drivers, but I don't think cars this fast should be available to everybody. There are plenty of people that can barely handle themselves in a 150hp compact car. Make it possible for everyone to have something that does 0-60 in less than 5 seconds (and some EVs, WAY LESS)….spells trouble IMO. Also, people already drive like dicks in slow cars too lol.

Kamauxx

2500 Posts Club!
Kia has announced that the EV6 will go on sale in the second half of 2021. Some markets can pre-order the car starting now. It’s likely that Korea, the EU and the US will be some of the first places where you’ll be able to order the car.

Pricing is a bit tricky. There’s no US figures currently, we’ll update this page when we have them. However, as a rough guide in the UK the EV6 is listed at £40,895 ($56,142 based on a straight currency conversion); the EV6 GT-Line is £43,896 ($60,262); and the GT is £58,295 ($80,027).

Kia EV6 2022: Release date, price, range, interior and more

Pretty bold move for Kia, not sure who is in the market for this thing. I thought it'd serve better under the Genesis brand. Also, $20k more than a Model Y performance
Welp, won't be seeing many of the GTs on the road.

Waynerm002

2500 Posts Club!
Arizona
I don't think they will be that high when it comes here. KIA isn't seen as an upmarket brand in the US, they will do like they did with the Stinger and not give you all the luxury stuff they did in other markets the keep the price palatable, then raise it over time.

app_master

Founding Member
Brisbane, Australia
Very nice, not a fan of the cuv design either. I'm waiting for someone to drop a proper coupe EV (other than porsche) before I consider another fast car for my garage. Hoping for the Genesis X Concept to become a reality and that these ev "sport" cars posses driving soul? None will be cheap by comparison anytime soon but If I wanted to save money I'd catch the bus or buy a Prius or some other A-B transport solution (uber?). Future looks good though.

Aarvix

Stinger Enthusiast
North TX
If I had $80k I'd buy a rivian R1.

$20k over a model Y performance is going to fail. Love them or hate them, Tesla is still the EV benchmark.