Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Kia 2.0 stinger headlight bulb R/R

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Lighting - Inside and Out' started by rocket23, Sep 19, 2018.

1. rocket23

rocket23 United States Stinger Enthusiast

So with the help of hummus, this remove an replace came to be. I swapped out the oem bulb(s) with these.
    IMG_0050.jpg

2. rocket23

The first step (I had too do this) my hands were just too big.
    IMG_0054.jpg

3. rocket23

all the tools needed.
    IMG_0056.jpg
    I used the can opener of the leatherman , it safely removed the plastic retaining button.
    once removed, simply bend back the cover, it's a flap at this point seeing as the bottom is riveted.
    turn the cover counter clock wise, lefty loosy , righty tighty.
    IMG_0053.jpg
    remove cover with the pliers,it's kinda snug, unclip the wires first then turn 1/4 turn to remove oem bulb, being careful not to touch the bulb (in case you want to reuse it , same goes with the replacement bulb(s), The left is harder to do than the right weird.
    IMG_0052.jpg
    and reverse order, only attach the connector before you reinstall the bulb....it took me a couple tries on the left one, easy peasy on the right side.
    IMG_0055.jpg
    see the hint of blue!! voila!
    I'll post night pix tomorrow.
    Enjoy, The package says 800 hours, we will see. I only install halogens when it is a dry day no humidity.

4. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 1000 Posts Club!

Youre going to be blinding a lot of folks. Prepare to have a lot of people flashing you.

5. robz32

robz32 United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or serious (first world internet problems):laugh:

But as long as he is replacing with halogens, the intensity of the light (lumens) will remain the same, here he is just changing color output.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  6. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 1000 Posts Club!

Ahh, thought it was an aftermarket HID kit. I thought he was saying he used a Leatherman to open the kit. I thought the bulbs were sitting on a kit in the 1st pic of post 3.

Basically I skimmed the words and made assumptions of the pics.

/Fail

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. rocket23

as promised, the 1st is low beam ,then high beams
    IMG_0057.jpg IMG_0058.jpg IMG_0060.jpg IMG_0059.jpg

8. rocket23

you were close....the bulbs, leatherman tool and flashlight were actually on a KITty litter tub,lol.......now thats for some high intensity discharge!!!

9. hummus

hummus United States Member

Looks like you might have had the flash on when taking the pictures from inside. Any chance to get some without the flash?

Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. rocket23

You are quite right, little late for that, I'm kinda settled in....tomorrow I'll repost with better pix.

Draft saved Draft deleted