Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

3.3TT K&N Cold Air Intake Installation (Before & After Video)

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, and Exhaust Discussion' started by theycallmemtr, Jun 6, 2018.

1. theycallmemtr

theycallmemtr United States Newish Member

The sound is absolutely incredible, heading back in tomorrow for custom straight pipe exhaust fitment from axle back flange.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

• Like Like x 6
  2. DiabloStinger

DiabloStinger United States Active Member

Amazing what a few extra dozen air particles can lead to sound wise.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jonathan

Jonathan United States Active Member

Did ya install yourself or take it to the shop? Nervous noobie here. Was wondering how much an install would run.

• Like Like x 1
  4. theycallmemtr

I opened the box and saw contents, then closed the box and went to a local shop lol... It was way more than I wanted to bite off. Directions say around 90 minutes but the tech was done in an hour! I spent 100 bucks but prob just whatever your mechanic/tech charges hourly!

• Like Like x 1
  5. robz32

robz32 United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

sounds pretty good:thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  6. DaJackson

DaJackson United States Stinger Enthusiast Staff Member Moderator

Really it’s the lack of plastic to kill the sound and open filter element that lead to most of the increased noise.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Andrew Simons

Andrew Simons Member

The intakes are super easy to install. Buddy and me did mine in 40 minutes over lunch break in the parking lot. Under load while driving the noise is way better. Turbo spool stays loud under normal boost and changes tone during gear shifts. Diverter valves make a thunk sound when releasing due to the tubing bends I think. Sounds great though and all Stingers should have them :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Big Ern

Big Ern United States Member

I'm looking forward to installing mine next week. Watched a video, looks pretty straight-forward.

9. NYLAWBIZ

NYLAWBIZ United States Active Member

My suggestion: take out the factory air filters first. Makes access easier for everything else.

10. Gerard

Gerard Poland Newish Member

Hi, I am waiting for my pickup. I am curious about the feedback from users - is there any good change - except sound?

11. theycallmemtr

I love the sound and performance uptick, but I also straight piped the exhaust from the axles, back.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. NYLAWBIZ

NYLAWBIZ United States Active Member

I seem to feel more power, but that is purely subjective. Nothing empirical.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. KC2285

KC2285 United States Newish Member

Is the “whistle” louder in person than it comes through in the video for you? Mine starts around 2000 RPMs. I love it but just sounds different in real life than i hear in videos so I just want to make sure it’s all good.

14. theycallmemtr

Definitely starts “inhaling” around 2-3000, but releases as whoosh when foot leaves accelerator, similar to BOV release.

• Agree Agree x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted