Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

K&N 2.0T Intake available now

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, and Exhaust Discussion' started by Michael Haskins, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Michael Haskins

Michael Haskins United States Newish Member

I would post the link and pictures but can't since I am supposedly new here. :rolleyes:
    Edit: looks like the thumbnails posted.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  2. mandasol

mandasol United States Member

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Rufus

Rufus United States 1000 Posts Club!

Nice! I have their drop in filter currently. My only worry with this one is that it will be too loud. Please keep us posted! :)

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
  4. mandasol

I was about to try the drop in filter myself, but this came out just in time to try. I'll keep you posted on how it sounds, might even record a video.

• Like Like x 1
  5. mandasol

Got the K&N intake and installed it myself a couple days ago. I had a couple issues with installation. They sent the wrong bracket, should be an "L" shaped bracket but they sent a "Z" shaped bracket. It made the whole system sit a little low so one of the hoses barely reached and is only attached about halfway. I requested the correct bracket and hopefully they'll send it so I can try to correct the issues.

I copied other forum members and got some real heat shielding materials and covered the black K&N heat shield and I can verify it really helps keep the whole thing way cooler than the rest of the engine. It's not completely enclosed so hot engine bay air can still get in but it helps.

As far as review goes, this thing is loud. Louder than I expected and at much lower RPM's than I expected. I guess since we have the twin scroll turbo on our 2.0's the turbo kicks in at very low RPMs, so that means really loud whoosh sounds even below 2000 RPMs and even at modest throttle input. I was expecting it to get loud under a lot of boost in Mid to High RPM, but it makes noises all the time. It makes a noise with basically any throttle input at any RPM. I have a RaceChip so with the added boost it's good bit louder. With the RaceChip off it's not quite as loud. Initially I was ready to take this off and put the stock intake back on, but after driving a couple days what ever is left of my immature teenager self (I'm 45) finds it somewhat entertaining. Thank goodness it's not a constant drone like an aftermarket exhaust. I'm still on the fence on if I'll keep it or not.

20180809_111353.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Rufus

Rufus United States 1000 Posts Club!

Thanks so much for the update!

7. Chyoon

Chyoon United States Newish Member

Awesome review! Thank you.

Anyone have any thoughts on how this compares to Injen (Or any other variant for that matter)?

8. Michael Haskins

Michael Haskins United States Newish Member

I got the wrong bracket as well (replacement was sent by K&N, will receive tomorrow) which led to the short hose issue too. :(

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018 at 1:13 PM
    • Like Like x 1
  9. mandasol

Still waiting on my replacement bracket. They responded to my email basically telling me they get too much email so it's better to call. I called so they are supposedly they are sending out a new bracket, but still waiting.

Draft saved Draft deleted