Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Just installed “Stinger Aluminum Handle Inside Door Catch Plates”

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger How To's and Do It Yourself' started by StingerNick, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Flameangel

Flameangel Australia 1000 Posts Club!

No more news yet, perhaps tomorrow.
    My list of wants? hmm....rebadging, sway bars, rear spoiler, front splitter, ? side splitters ? diffuser, air intakes, Led door scuff plates and ? aftermarket mags.....do you think that's enough ? :D

2. Ozstung

Ozstung Australia 2500 Posts Club! Sustaining Member

Ha, ha, ha, come up for air before you pass out.

I've gone from disliking the stock wheels to them growing on me, especially at night when they glimmer. With the mods you may have to take a step back and then commit to what really keeps calling.

Looking fwd to the unveiling of those long anticipated plates. I wonder if they'll pass the forum blow torch brigade :laugh::p

3. Flameangel

Haha, yes those plates ! AV8R was still trying to get me to give them up last week, well, he's persistent, he keeps trying :laugh:

4. Ozstung

5. Flameangel

I will, at least your Gif's ( your posting ability ) has really improved :thumbup::laugh:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Coast GT

Coast GT Australia Stinger Enthusiast

Not bad, shame they don’t make the other version like that also rather than having to fit spacers and stick them with tape. Would be so much better to just take them out and replace them like yours. I think they could grow on me but I like the brushed aluminum “Stinger” ones a little more. Nice job getting them fitted. Sometimes it’s the little mods that make all the difference.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Coast GT

He may have had some help ;):whistle::thumbup:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Ozstung

It's in the lap of the gods it took 20 minutes to load 3 pictures today.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. AV8R

AV8R Australia 5000 Posts Club! Staff Member Authorized Vendor Moderator

10. Flameangel

Ohh, I really liked them, oh well I might get the ones you got, their nice too

11. Coast GT

There’s a few videos of the installs getting around, some have had wires exposed, others don’t seem to. Guess it depends where you hook them up to and how good you or your auto electrician is at doing it. I think to hide the cable completely may involve drilling holes in the car. I like the look of them generally, but haven’t got them. Also don’t mind the led door handle inserts or the cup holder/center console they look good on the promo pics but to be honest I couldn’t be bothered pulling panels out to wire stuff up. Maybe with the interior ambient lighting that you have that we missed out on with the 2018 model you won’t need anymore led lights for the interior, it might be overkill.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Flameangel

True, I'll check out the ambient lighting the car's already got and go from there, maybe the cupholders might be enough.I don't want to light it up like I'm in some zany 80's neon disco :thumbup:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Bigbikes

Bigbikes Australia Active Member

You can get 2 colours of them on ebay dark silver looks good..in my watch list but only problem will be getting them off again if you need door trim off..:(:cry:

14. AV8R

AV8R Australia 5000 Posts Club! Staff Member Authorized Vendor Moderator

15. StingerNick

StingerNick United States Active Member

UPDATE: So I just noticed the rear driver side aluminum piece is gone. I searched everywhere it’s nowhere to be found. It’s really weird because I never open the back doors or have people riding back there.

I suggest using a stronger adhesive or maybe epoxy. Anyone have an extra driver side piece??

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2019
  16. cncBilly

cncBilly Canada Active Member

Mine are all in place and looking great. I guess it turns out there was only one way to do it....the right way.:D:D

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  17. Flameangel

Your car's under warranty, ask Kia for a new piece

18. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 2500 Posts Club!

It's an aftermarket part.

• Informative Informative x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted