Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Just got a GT2 via Costco with Consquest Cash and 0% financing

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by Atl5Stripes, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Atl5Stripes

Atl5Stripes United States Member

After a month or so of research and testing a lot of cars, I picked up a red GT2 today. I'd been working with a bunch of dealers in the area, sadly I had less than honest discussions with two of them trying to work the lease deal.

Found out about the Costco car buying service. I had been using USAA's, but turns out Costcos pricing is even better. I got a certificate from them and talked to the dealer on the phone. While negotiating, I showed them an offer I had received from another dealer. They matched it. I had also been shopping around my current car (2008 G35). I got a number of offers all higher than what the dealers had been offering. Carmax was the highest. I showed them that offer and they beat it (a bit more that what KBB said I should expect on a trade).

Then I got to add in the 3k in conquest cash (turns out the G35 was too old, my my Wife's ford qualified).

I had been working off the lease buy out advice in many of the threads in this forum. Looking at the numbers and doing my own math, I think I've come out pretty close to the numbers with the lease buyout. And, I got the 0% financing.

Hope that helps

2. Waynerm002

Waynerm002 United States 1000 Posts Club!

Congrats! As long as you got what you want, all is good! Enjoy your new car! Post some pics when you get a chance!

3. Wahday

Wahday United States Newish Member

Do you mind sharing the costco price?

4. robz32

robz32 United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

Congratulations!!

5. Atl5Stripes

It was about $4k. I was able to negotiate more off, so while good there's still some cushion somewhere for them to make money.

6. Wahday

Wahday United States Newish Member

thanks for the response. I appreciate it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Doel

Doel United States Member

How did you get a certificate from them? I went to costco's website and they said there's no dealership in the area that meets their criteria.

8. Atl5Stripes

Bummer. That happened to with an Alfa I was looking at.

9. Atl5Stripes

I will say that the way people are gushing over this car I began thinking it was just a bunch of plants from Kia, but I'm really enjoying this car. Power is great, stearing is great, grip is incredible. Tech is awesome. Autohold is life changing.

Audio leaves a lot to be desired. I would not upgrade if that was a sole reason to.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Waynerm002

Waynerm002 United States 1000 Posts Club!

The HK system in that car is pretty good, wished it had some eq settings to tweak it a bit but overall it isn't bad for an OEM premium system.

As someone that has been with KIA since 2012, this car is what we Optima owners wanted KIA to do since they introduced the 2011 version. Well some would like it to be a little more harder edged, I think with a bit more tweak, they could make the suspension a bit better in sport mode. That might come during the mid cycle refresh as we know they are already working on something, as test mules have been seen driving around already. This car being a GT, has so much power and performance, it is being put up against sports sedans and from what the videos have shown it holds up quite well. I'm happy KIA made this car as a GT, it's good to commute in and has the chops to be driven hard on the weekends on road trips. I'm not into the hard edged stuff anymore so this does well for me.

Draft saved Draft deleted