kia stinger store

Just bought my dream car, now what do I do with my keys?!

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
DSCF0369.JPG

bd01

QLD

stoopid

Stinger Enthusiast
Las Vegas, NV
View attachment 55569

What do your keys look like?

Just use the biggest loop (the one immediately right of the fob in your pic), and cram everything you need on it. You can toss the dual bottle openers, if you need two you need to reconsider your drinking situation. ;) Get a small Leatherman multipurpose pocket knife if you need something with versatility. I stopped keeping mine on my keyring, when I really thought about it I didn't use it often enough to justify the hole it helped wear into my pocket on two pairs of pants. lol Don't hang any decorative/trinket crap on your keychain, no one cares what your name is or what brand car you drive or that you like turtles. The less you have on the keychain the less of an annoyance it can be.

I just have 2 keys and a small usb thumb drive (I do computer work for a living). We have a code access front door and garage lock on the house. I've also gone minimalist on my wallet, using one of those small security wallets and no longer carry cash. If anyone reading this is thinking of going with the less-is-more route, then you're probably already there. I was 'thinking about it' for years and have zero issues/regrets after streamlining things about 3 years ago.

Last edited:

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
An actual climbing biner. You climb?
Only socially. Hah. (I used a fake carabiner for years and decided that the Stinger fob deserved/needed a real one.)

CeramicGT001

Stinger Enthusiast
Maryland
I just keep it simple. Car key and the fob for my exhaust valves, which I just leave in the little pocket by the armrest. Garage door is programmed and the inside door is coded so no house keys needed. E94E07D5-6F42-4E37-9D91-E1E06E08EC92.jpeg

ChaneRZ

1000 Posts Club!
Bay Area, California
669B6F18-1CDF-4DBA-A311-C17BEDC65EEC.jpeg

sym

Ohio
1614290948462.png

I usually lose everything. Goes on a belt loop when I'm using the car, comes off when I'm done with it.

I used to have more stuff but I scanned barcodes into apps and replaced RFID fobs with NFC or PIN. I feel free.

CeramicGT001

Stinger Enthusiast
Maryland
Fob for Exhaust valves??
I have the kunstwerk electronic valve controlled exhaust catback, I could program open & close to the home link buttons but then I’d lose my garage button, so I just use the little fob.

OneIota

Sustaining Member
Has anyone else dropped their keys to find that any nicks on the chrome part of the fob become very sharp? Surprisingly undurable.
PXL_20210311_014717070.jpg

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Has anyone else dropped their keys to find that any nicks on the chrome part of the fob become very sharp? Surprisingly undurable.
View attachment 56212
Not sharp, but I have raised some metal in very small spots. The fob is soft metal for sure. The KIA logo gets rubbed against other keys and turns to crap. Mine isn't as bad as at least one other Stinger fob I've seen a picture of on here.
DSCF0369.JPG