Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Jun BL or Borla

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, and Exhaust Discussion' started by DropTheMike, Jun 12, 2018.

1. DropTheMike

DropTheMike United States Newish Member

I am having a tough time deciding between Borla and Jun bl (GT or race version). I love the way the borla sounds but am hearing a lot of complaints that its to loud. I drove an 05 g35 coupe for 12 years and that was pretty noisy just with the stock exhaust so i dont know if the people complaining about loudness are coming from much quieter cars with no experience of loud exhaust. Does anybody have experience with the jun bl. Not seeing to many clips of sound other than in an garage with major echo.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. SOCAL2.0

SOCAL2.0 United States Member

Borla, Jun, or Magnaflow are my choices but only Jun has a system for my 2.0 so far. My concern is how do I compare the noise levels? Some say one is loud some say it is too quiet. Don't want to make a purchase and have a big time remorse

3. AV8R

AV8R Australia 2500 Posts Club! Staff Member Authorized Vendor Moderator

Someone needs to start a thread with sound clips of each so we can pick.

4. SOCAL2.0

SOCAL2.0 United States Member

my worry is that sound clips done on different devices with different setups won't let me make an informed decision!!

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Goodmang37

Goodmang37 United States Member

Based on vehicle being fast back I think it is going to be louder than expected... read posts on Borla... I bought it and love it... but you have gone from one extreme to the other... I have definitely put some sound dampening products in my bonnet... but it really sounds great around 120!!! Anytime I excelerate hard I love the sound... but you will have some roars from time to time... still working on it.... but loving the Borla... sounds like a badass Porsche

6. niko

niko United States Active Member

i am on the same boat as you i don't know which one to choose. I've done some research and leaning towards the jun bl, but i would love to hear it in person.

7. Salman

Salman Saudi Arabia Active Member

Facing the same dilemma.. my questions is, will "EVC JUN B.L" be integrated electronically with the system modes (comfort, sport, eco.. etc.) Like the Aussie Bi-Model Exhaust.

I know that Jun B.L has a button to close and open the valves. How does it work? Is it integrated? Or just a normal button. Any JUN B.L installers out there that clarify this matter?

P.S below is a clip of JUN B.L EVC

8. Bear

Bear United States Active Member

The Borla I can speak to and I think is good for my tastes and well...my wife’s. I prefer louder and my wife wants a car she can sleep in while we commute into work. It has the sound that works for both of us and has a very similar sound to a stock v8 Maserati. So look up some stock Maserati exhaust clips on YouTube and that’s what a Stinger with Borla sounds like...from the outside. The fact that the backseats flow into the trunk means...you’ll hear a good amount of the sound in the cabin. There is drone around 1500-2000 rpm, but if you drive it in Sport, you’ll stay out of that range more than you would while being in Eco.

9. Joshua

Joshua United States Member Sustaining Member

I ordered the Jun BL evc on tuesday. Not sure when it arrives, but I can update you when I finally have it installed.

The valves being able to be controlled is what drove me to it. That and the ungodly drone of the Ark exhaust, lol.

• Like Like x 2
  10. scharn

scharn United States Active Member

I've seen couple of vids of the Jun BL and in some it sounds awful, in others amazing. It could be just the microphones used. Please update us when you get it, as i've not seen many if any owner reviews of it. I swore I won't get another exhaust without controllable valves as I had that on my last car... its truly amazing. I get the sound I want when I want it, but quiet and sedate when i'm just cruising.

• Like Like x 1
  11. WildBill

WildBill United States Active Member

It would be nice to hear stock vs Borla, vs Jun BL, vs Magnaflow, vs Vivid, vs Stillen, vs Thermal recorded on the same device under the same conditions. So far the best sound to my ears comes from the Thermal R&D product. It seems deeper, more akin to american muscle, which I like. This as opposed to Jun BL which sounds like a loud Italian fart in a tin can based on these videos.

It's so difficult to tell. I may love the Jun BL exhaust so much better if I hear it in person. Who knows...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Salman

Regarding the people asking for more videos of exhaust notes, I've found one, It's by Jun B.L but not sure if its (Evc, Gt or racing type)

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  13. CoconutRob

CoconutRob United States Active Member

That sounds really good! If we only knew it was a evc and 3.3.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Salman

I Totally Agree :(

• Like Like x 1
  15. CoconutRob

I recently heard the RCP exhaust but when translated their German website I think it's only good for the 2.0 T

16. Salman

I'm sure that the JUN B.l in the video is on a 3.3 Stinger. But still trying to know if its an Evc, Gt or Race type.

17. CoconutRob

Other videos I've heard of the June b l e v c haven't found that good I have a feeling it's the race

18. Salman

I have that feeling too.. listen to this. It's sound good.

19. Salman

Does it sound similar?

20. Bear

Bear United States Active Member

This seems fitting...

I just got a text from my neighbor across the street asking if there is something I can do about the Stinger. It’s waking them and their 1 year old when I drive it in the mornings. I have the Borla cat-back and I know I can hear it inside my house sometimes, but for the sound to travel across the street, get inside the house and wake up everyone is well...shocking. Maybe it’s the deep and throaty sound that it has.

Draft saved Draft deleted