Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

3.3TT Jun Bl EVC Catback Exhaust

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, and Exhaust Discussion' started by Tobstertx3, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Tobstertx3

Tobstertx3 United States Active Member

Hi. I'm looking for some reviews on people who have installed the Jun BI EVC Catback Exhaust.

2. Joshua

Joshua United States Member Sustaining Member

Had it installed Monday and can say I love it. When the valves are open and at lower RPMs, it has some bass and even some gurgles when you let off the gas. At higher RPMs is when it has that rasp you've probably heard in videos. There is some drone accelerating between 1500 and 2000 RPM, but at highway speeds it is virtually gone.

Now with the valves closed, it might actually be quieter than stock, and the drone is never heard from again.

As far as installation goes, I'll be honest and tell you I don't have a clue. I took it to a local shop and it took them around 5 hours (results may vary). The control switch is on the left side of the fuse door. Takes maybe less than 2 seconds to switch back and forth between open and closed, and so far I've had no issues.

I love the system to death and couldn't be happier. It won't be as loud as the ARK or Borla, but it will still get loud, and it's extremely satisfying being able to close the valves at will.

I'll try to get some audio or video at some point, but things have been hectic around here.

Lastly, if you do decide to go for it I was told they hand make each exhaust upon ordering. It took me just under 3 weeks for it to arrive. Hope that helps!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Stevo

Stevo United States Member

4. Behnendl

Behnendl United States New Member

Thank you so much for the review. Can you post a picture of the control switch?

5. xot1

xot1 Korea, Republic of Stinger Enthusiast

5 hours????
    it takes less than an hour in korea to install this exaust.

6. Joshua

Welllllllllll, in hindsight maybe I could have cross shopped the works but at least it's done, lol.

7. Joshua

Here is the switch. I leave it in the open position. Once you turn off the car the valves automatically close, but they open right up when you start it.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Never thought

Never thought United States Stinger Enthusiast

Love it. I’ve been wanting to hear from folks regarding this system. So far this is the only one that checks the boxes for me. Thank you!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Tobstertx3

I've currently got the Borla but have ordered this exhaust through ImportShark. It should be shipping this weekend. Will update once I have it installed.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Stevo

So, you are swapping out your Borla? Must not like it much?

11. Tobstertx3

Yes I'm swapping out the Borla. I do like the Borla, it sounds great IMO. However for me personally, it is a little too loud in the cabin when cruising at higher speeds and I do too much cruising on the highway for my daily commute. I'd like to add that I didn't buy the Borla, it was already installed by the dealer when I purchased the car.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Stevo

Interested to see how you like the new one. I am on the fence on what to do??

13. Tobstertx3

Yeah, me too. I’ve driven with the stock exhaust (on test drives], the Borla and soon the EVC Jun BL so I should have a pretty good idea of which I prefer along with thoughts and comments that may be beneficial to others.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Stevo

Thank you for all your input

15. ScottyDangles

ScottyDangles United States Member

Looks awesome, any chance you can post a video of the sound, I feel like the videos currently online don't do it any justice.

16. Rango

Rango United States Stinger Enthusiast

Thinking of purchasing the JunBL EVC also. Let's hear those vids guys!!!

17. Joshua

Working on it. Just drove 15 hours to training camp, so things will be hectic to say the least. I can say though that on the highway with the valves closed you can still hear a rumble from the exhaust, but it's only noticeable if you have no music going and ac at a minimum. Even then it wont bother you.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ScottyDangles

ScottyDangles United States Member

That's great to know. When the valves are open does it sound bad ass. I just want my Stinger to sounds better than my neighours C43 AMG!!! lol Those things sound amazing!

• Like Like x 1
  19. BudLight!

BudLight! United States Newish Member

Should not take 5 Hours. Reputable shops should do this in less than 2 hours.

20. Salman

Salman Saudi Arabia Active Member

Did yours come with a manual book or something. I'd like to know a chart on RPM or throttle versus Exhuast sound.

Also If I what to switch On/Off the button, should I be on full stop. Or its ok to switch it while going 50-60m/h

Draft saved Draft deleted