Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Jun Bl downpipe install issue

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, and Exhaust Discussion' started by Adamdan, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Adamdan

Adamdan Canada Active Member

I installed jun downpipes with oem cat back. For the most part it sounds good. The issue I’m getting is if I load up the car around 2000rpm I’m getting the raspy rattle sound when the rpms come up. It doesn’t not happen very often but I sometimes hear it with windows down. I finally got a good video of it. There’s no picture but you can hear it good. Anyone have any ideas? It could be normal for downpipes with no cats or resonators and it’s just some rasp but I have never heard another stinger owner say anything about this sound. Any help would be great. I’ve had two shops have a look and they do not see any fitment or leak problems. It’s hard to pin down as I have to load it up while driving to make it do it. This video makes the sound stick out good as I drove with the door a bit open with my phone on the floor.

2. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 1000 Posts Club!

That sounds like one of the heat shields moving around.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hojae84

Hojae84 United States Active Member

Yikes
    I have ssr downpipes definateely dont get that wierd rattle/vibration
    Not sure if that is normal with the junbl dp tho could be.
    I would assume undertorqued bolts or a loose heat shield...cant think of anything else tbh

4. Adamdan

Yeah it’s hard to say the video really makes it sound loud. When driving normal with windows up it would be hard to hear it. Windows down slower speeds is when I hear it.

5. DiabloStinger

DiabloStinger United States Active Member

Thin metal vibration. Heat shield or bracing would be my guess.

6. Hojae84

Did you ever figure this out?

7. Adamdan

Yup went to a really good shop he looked for leaks anything loose and nothing. Look it for a drive and right away said it’s just rasp is the pipes because of no cat or resonators in the downpipe. He said with a after market catback I probably not notice but since I have the oem still that’s most likely why. The video I posted really makes it seem loud but it person it’s not super loud with windows shut you can’t even hear it.

8. Hojae84

Cool. I did read somewhere jun bl advises dp and cat, not just dp.
    Wonder if it's because of the rasp you mention may happen with their dp and stock exhaust

9. Adamdan

Yup I’ve read this to on other cars. If you have a bottle neck anywhere it will cause rasp. I’m looking into a catback
    But I can not decide on what one. I can’t get anything super loud so I was thinking magnaflow or safest bet would be jun evc.

Draft saved Draft deleted