Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

July Incentives

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by mightbestung, Jul 2, 2018.

1. mightbestung

mightbestung United States Newish Member

Anyone know what the incentives are for July and if the may have changed from last month? Thanks in advance.

2. Waynerm002

Waynerm002 United States 1000 Posts Club!

The current incentives expire on July 9th, we should have some new info after.

3. mightbestung

mightbestung United States Newish Member

Thanks for the quick reply!

4. PieceOfChum

PieceOfChum United States Member

Kia's website has been updated they are doing 0.9%/72 months for the rest of July, but I am not sure where to find the lease cash incentives or if it is still being offered.

5. Gferg01

Gferg01 United States Member

Looks like $7900 for GT2!
    $6500 for GT1 and $5800 for GT. All are for AWD.

6. Joeh1974

Joeh1974 United States Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. StingEm

StingEm United States Active Member

And it appears that some dealers have received new 2018 inventory with later build numbers (out past 35,000). Interesting. I wonder where those Stingers were sitting, or if they were just some of the last ones to roll off the line that hadn’t been spoken for yet.

This list is sorted by “Newest Listings First” for cars listed in the last 20 days, so just click through them looking at VIN numbers. A lot of the cars listed in the last few days are in the 35,000-40,000 range. One dealer was completely out of Stingers a week or two ago and now has 5 of them on the lot. Anyway, this would explain why incentives have increased again.

Used Kia Stinger For Sale - CarGurus

8. shaggystinger

shaggystinger United States Active Member

Very aggressive indeed! Am I seeing this right? In addition to the lease cash they are offering an additional $1000 if you lease for 36 months. $8900 off a GT2 AWD and that's before you even negotiate off MSRP :geek::geek::geek: Lease buyout here I come :)

I am curious how the stealerships are going to play this though. Less willing to budge more off the MSRP?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Waynerm002

Hmmm... heard that the 2019 is coming December or January. Maybe they stopped shipping them to sort out issues with the cars.

10. zoop

zoop United States Member

Where did you see the additional $1000 if you lease for 36 months?

11. Rydahog

Rydahog United States Member

What he said..!

12. PieceOfChum

Well I contacted a few dealers where i live in Mass and was told that the lease cash comes off of MSRP and you cannot use a negotiated price. I contacted three dealers and they all said the same thing. Does anyone know a dealer in Massachusetts that does something different?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Rydahog

Rydahog United States Member

My problem with what they say is, that rebate cash is from kia, so no money off their back.. So I would negotiate then discuss rebate dough.. They will tell you anything.. Lol

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Waynerm002

Dealers are always trying to get the most they can from a deal, at least one on here has been working with forum members to get them into cars. Work with whoever is giving you the best deal, fly or drive to pickup.

On another note, anyone seen the money factor rates for July yet?

15. Joeh1974

Joeh1974 United States Member

Completely untrue. I negotiated a price via email with my dealer. Only after negotiating an agreed price did I bring up the desire to lease and take advantage of the lease cash. Dealer didn’t have any issues.

16. PieceOfChum

Well I believe that what I am being told is untrue but the dealer simply wouldn't do it and I walked from the deal and then called just about every dealer in Mass and none would do it. If someone on this forum did this with a Mass or New England dealer I would love to find out so I can go to that dealer and do the same.

17. StingEm

The dealer can do and say whatever they want. If they think you don’t know how things work they are going to tell you whatever makes them the most money. If you thought the lease cash was last month’s amount they would probably try to sell you the car over MSRP and pocket the difference to the new July amount. :p

Also, they are less willing to walk away from a deal if a customer is right in front of them and ready to buy (rather than on the phone). You just have to know what a fair price is off MSRP (Costco/AAA/TrueCar discount should be the highest you go). How far under that you get depends on how much haggling you want to do and how much you want a specific color/options.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. StingEm

Then there are a few possibilities:

1) They know something we don’t and will sell the cars for MSRP in the near future.

2) They have plenty of sales to meet their targets from Kia so far this month/year and don’t need the sale right now. That makes it easier for the sales manager to wait for a buyer willing to pay more for the car.

3) They don’t think you are a serious buyer anyway.

Your choice is to either pay MSRP, keep searching for other dealers who will deal now, or wait until the end of the month and see what things look like then. Make sure you tell them you are going to buy from the first dealer that is willing to make a decent deal off MSRP, leave your contact info, and tell them to call if they change their mind.

If I were going to be buying the lease out immediately I would start calling dealers in Arkansas or Oklahoma, find one willing to deal off MSRP and do balloon financing (instead of a lease), and have them ship the car to you. The origination/buyout savings of the balloon (instead of lease) will cover the shipping costs. I read that there was someone here from Denver who did that with a dealer in Arkansas.

19. PieceOfChum

I actually have a good deal the dealer was offering me a Stinger GT2 AWD for $47,200 with 0.9% for 72 months but I am greedy and want to get the best possible deal and it seems like most members are doing a lot better than that price. I will keep searching I guess will go to one more dealer and see if they will do it. I will say that I also have 2 trades which is making this harder than I want it to be trying to bring two cars to every dealer is a pain. Also having trouble finding a dealer that is doing balloon financing. I could go out of state or region even if I didn't have the trades but with the trades that is a no go.

20. StingEm

The balloon financing depends on the state. Yes, it sounds like you have a complicated deal to work out... which complicates things. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted