Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Josephine is my new babe...

Discussion in 'Introductions and Non-Stinger Talk' started by Rockin, Dec 4, 2019 at 9:24 PM.

1. Rockin

Rockin United States New Member

shhhhh, don't tell my wife :)
    Just made it through my first 1/2 a week with my new Snow White Pearl GT and today we named her Josephine (Josie for short) and this is the first time I've ever named a vehicle but I just had too!

Figured in honor of that special occasion i would introduce myself.

I know this is an intro thread but figured I'd take advantage by asking a couple of questions to get some advise:

#1 - Break in: i read to try to do between 2k-4k rpm's for 600 miles but with a Twin Turbo 6 it's really a challenge to hit those speeds and revolutions when my commute is no more than 55 mph. You think it's necessary or will putting around, saving gas do the trick?

#2 - KIA Badge: I like the mysterious "E" badge because everyone seems to want to go with the vintage K, but I had trouble researching the origins or if it's official, seems official, and like the fact that it has the pegs to replace the front. Will it work on the back too?

#3 - Slowing to a stop: This is the big one here, is anyone else experiencing a little drag when you approach a stop and let off the gas and don't break? It's almost like the breaks are so new, they are catching a little and i can feel drag off and on. Not sure if this is just normal in a break in period or what.

Thanks in advance and so excited and happy to be a part of the community!

• Like Like x 4
  2. GRStinger

GRStinger United States Active Member

Congratulations. I won't say anything to your wife!
    I've no answers to your questions, but...Josie? Great nickname... Reminds me of a tune:
    "When Josie comes home
    So good
    She's the pride of the neighborhood
    She's the raw flame
    The live wire
    She prays like a roman
    With her eyes on fire"

Enjoy!

3. Kia Stinger

Kia Stinger United States Administrator Staff Member

Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up. Congratulations on your Stinger GT! As for the round E badge, yes, it’s an official OEM piece. It CAN be used on the front and rear of the Stinger - and you can get them with one peg removed for the front, and all three pegs removed for the rear: OEM Kia Stinger E Badge Hood Emblem - Kia Stinger dot com

4. SteveCo

SteveCo Canada 1000 Posts Club!

Congratulations on the new car - great choice! :)

Keeping the RPMs up, and varying them, is fairly easy to do - just use the paddle shifters to keep the car in the gear and RPM range you want. THe car will automatically shift back to 'D' when you stop, but is easily put back into manual mode with the paddles. When driving it will hold the gear and RPM you select.

If you have a long stretch of highway, drive for a few minutes at one RPM, then switch up or down to change to another RPM band for a while. When you hit the 600 mile mark, open her up and have fun! :thumbup:

5. Nasscar

Nasscar Australia Stinger Enthusiast

Welcome to the forum Rockin and Josie. You are such a great couple. Pretty sure your wife will eventually notice the Stinger in the driveway though. :laugh:

6. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

Welcome to the Forum. :D
    You have a GT, so a "T" shifter with manual gate. Push the shifter to the left when in "D" and you can use the paddle shifters without reverting to "D". Then it is super easy to stay between 2000 and 4000 RPM; you just downshift when the RPMs drop below 2K.

You're feeling the engine downshifting as you coast to a stop. It isn't the brakes "dragging". It is normal.

7. Rockin

Rockin United States New Member

Wow, thank you all for the amazing answers.
    Josie by Stealy Dan, amazing tune...and I also was a big Josie and the Pussycats can.

My wife has noticed it in the driveway and can m scared as hell to let her go out on her own. But in time.

I will give the shifters a good go on the break in, didn't think about that but yeah, great idea.

Also didn't think about the downshifting causing what I thought was drag, it suits so damn smooth, I just didn't even think about it.

Thanks again everyone and appreciate all your help!

• Like Like x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted