Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Jonny Tig new 1800hp intercooler, turbo, billet intake manifold and 4" turbo back exhaust.

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, and Exhaust Discussion' started by Nasty1, Dec 8, 2018 at 7:39 AM.

1. Nasty1

Nasty1 United States Active Member Texas Stinger Swarm

Brian Conway

Jonny Tig is currently developing a turbo back 4" exhaust that dumps right before the exhaust tips.
    He said his turbo back 4" exhaust should sell for $2250 Aud in mid January.
    He is in development of a much higher hp intercooler for the next LVL of tuning. It is rated at 1800 hp.
    When I spoke with him, he said and I qoute, "We have a cnc billet inlet manifold in the works. Also nearly finished our turbo upgrades and stage 2 1800hp cooler kit". Holy sheet!
    I'm beyond excited for these next LVL performance products.
    Oh, you heard, "Billet intake manifold" , "turbo upgrades" and completely forgot about the intercooler huh? I almost did too, but I got a bit more info.
    So I couldn't pass on asking him about those monster upgrades he has in the works. He elaborated a bit further, "Plenum is still in computer flow analysis atm before we begin machining so prob another few months. Turbos are undergoing hi flowing with billet comp wheels atm so sometime in Jan. Soon as they are on we will be doing 1800hp cooler n e85"!
    Are you serious? I was already a Big fan of Jonny Tig before but now I'm blown away. I think in 2019 we are going to see some big time hp upgrades and I couldn't be more excited than I am right now. Now Im off to work some OT so I can stack some coins for payment to JT when he releases more beautifully machined performance products.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. TwinSnails

TwinSnails United States Active Member

I just want some upgraded turbo wheels! Or a simple drop-in that doesn’t lose too much low end tq.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. jdouga

jdouga United States Active Member

Question is, how much longer for an ecu tune to take advantage of all that hardware? Also will the engine to take on the extra load? Still good to see progress on the platform overall.

4. TwinSnails

TwinSnails United States Active Member

There are already ECU tunes...

5. jdouga

jdouga United States Active Member

I dont think Tork or Pressertech can fine tune something like this without having the car at their shop.

6. robz32

robz32 United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator Texas Stinger Swarm

That is some awesome news!!

Agreed. The car will need to be at PresserTech or Tork's dyno in order to properly tune for these mods. However these are very promising news for our platform.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. jmf_tracy

jmf_tracy United States Member

i'll believe it when i see it.
    I ordered and paid for the CAI & FMIC on 10/16.
    Since then i have gotten nothing but excuses and broken promises from Tash & Jonny Tig.
    Looks like they have great kit, but it is apparently kinda dicey to actually get them to ship the products that you already paid for.

8. robz32

robz32 United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator Texas Stinger Swarm

Well, I can't say that is out of the norm. It took a bit more than a month a half to get my CAI and FMIC from them. This was back during the summer.

They are a small shop and I'm sure this time a year they busier than usual. I know the feeling but the wait will be worthwhile.

9. jmf_tracy

jmf_tracy United States Member

looks like they have great kit.
    unfortunately, i have high standards and when someone says it is shipping next week i tend to believe them and this has left me frustrated with Jonny Tig and now i don't even get a reply back to my inquiries.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. robz32

11. Socalstinga

Socalstinga United States Active Member

1-2 more ecu tune options outside of pressertech and tork would be nice...

Draft saved Draft deleted